Funny Names

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
A spokesperson for TheBabyWebsite said: "Parents need to think carefully when choosing names for their children.

"Their name will be with them for life and what may be quirky and fun for a toddler might be regretted terribly when that person becomes older or even a grandparent perhaps."

Here's the full list of unfortunate names from the UK: Stan Still, Helen Back, Doug Hole, Terry Bull, Tim Burr, Rose Bush, Pearl Button, Will Power, Barry Cade, Mary Christmas, Chris Cross, Teresa Green, Ray Gunn, Jo King, Sonny Day, Justin Case, Lee King and Max Power.

A similar search in the US found these: Bill Board, Anna Prentice, Annette Curtain and my personal favourite Carrie Oakey.
Those names are indeed funny!

I agree when they said parents should think hard carefully before choosing names for their children. With us, we also considered all possible jokes and poking they'd get in school if they have specific names (we tried to remember the names children often made fun of at school). It's really hard because in the end, if someone really wanted to make fun of you, they'll find a way to distort you name. However, those examples above are just plain obvious.

Didn't someone also name her child with Jesus Christ because of the date of birth and at least one of the parents was named Mary or Joseph?

ETA: Mine isn't funny but it suffers from double-entendre.

Last edited:

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I've been looking through the comments-best one i've found is Itora Bolokov XD, i'm still roflmao-ing.

Must admit, with some i've had to think for a second :/

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
This reminds me of a game we have here. When I say "game" it's equivalent to Knock Knock jokes. I'm not sure if it's done in other countries but in here, we often have the "Mr. and Mrs. X has a daughter/son, what is his/her name?" game.

For example:
Q: Mr. and Mrs. Case has a son, what is his name?
A: Justin

Anyway, sometimes the names are normal, when standing alone. It's just that when you put them together, then it becomes funny. Parents should pick first names that don't clash with the last name or make the whole name look funny.

But then there are also first names that even when alone, are funny. Maybe it's not funny in some cultures but here we don't really name the children after fruits (cherry, apple, etc.) or months of the year, for example.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Actually, looking through the comments, that did seem to be the most popular name; either that or Wayne King.

Dwain/Dwayne Pipe is another one.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm sure a lot of parents give their children ridiculous names on purpose cause they think they're being funny. They must not care that their kids will be ridiculed by their classmates.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
They do it because it's probably cute to give their child such an odd name but sometimes they do it without thinking.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I like Helen Back.

I love reading these names, but I can't imagine someone with one of these names. My boyfriend's middle name was almost Shawn. Luckily his parents thought about it. They told me this story one night. I found it funny 'cause my friend brought it up as a joke once. (fyi his first name is Eric)