Funimation Picks Up Over 30 Former AD Vision Titles

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Vegito728, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

The North American anime distributor FUNimation Entertainment and Japan's ARM Corporation have announced that ARM has transfered the rights to more than 30 of its titles — all previously held by A.D. Vision — to Funimation. Those rights include the home video, broadcast, digital, and merchandising rights in North America and other regions. The complete list of transferred titles is as follows:

009-1
    Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy
    Air Gear
    Air movie
    Air TV
    Blade of the Phantom Master
    Comic Party: Revolution
    Coyote Ragtime Show
    Devil May Cry
    Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor TV
    Jing, King of Bandits: Seventh Heaven
    Jinki:Extend
    Kanon
    Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora (once titled as Shattered Angels by ADV Films)
    Le Chevalier D'Eon
    Magikano
    Moeyo Ken TV
    Moonlight Mile
    Murder Princess
    Nerima Daikon Brothers
    Pani Poni Dash!
    Project Blue Earth SOS
    Pumpkin Scissors
    Red Garden
    Sgt. Keroro 1st & 2nd
    Tokyo Majin
    UFO Princess Valkyrie
    Utawarerumono
    Venus Versus Virus
    The Wallflower
    Welcome to the NHK
    Xenosaga

"These are most of the titles that had been removed from ADV Films' catalog in January. A majority of them were relisted in ADV Films' catalog in February, only to be gradually removed for a second time."

"ADV Films also once planned to release Gurren Lagann, but Bandai Entertainment announced in May that it had acquired the series. 5 Centimeters Per Second is not on Funimation's list of transferred titles, but copies of ADV Films' release remain available at retailers."

"The joint Funimation/ARM announcement comes the day after Funimation announced it will also manufacture and distribute select titles that Geneon Entertainment (USA) had planned to release before it ceased in-house DVD distribution. Funimation indicated that the new titles from ARM will be significant to its efforts in "social networking, the FUNimation Channel, and Internet VOD." Source: ANN

Again, this is GREAT news. Funimation is on a roll.

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Damn I was just going to post this.

Yeah it looks like Funimation is growing along with VIZ. ADV use to be the anime king a few years back in the US. But it appears they expanded too quickly (like a lot of companies did in the early 2000s and late 90s when EVERYTHING was getting licensed)

Personally I think ADV is one of my favorite distributors but lately I have been owning a lot more Kadokawa's distributions.

3. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

4. Kanji

Kanji Registered Member

Sounds like funimation is working on a monopoly.

5. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

wow funimation is crazy I personally wanna see air gear