• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Funimation Agrees to Distribute Select Geneon Titles!

Vegito728

Registered Member
"The North American anime distributor FUNimation Entertainment has announced that it signed a deal with Geneon Entertainment to manufacture, sell, and distribute "select" DVD titles in North America. Those titles include Ergo Proxy, Hellsing Ultimate, Black Lagoon, Black Lagoon Second Barrage, Karin, Kyo kara Maoh! Season 2, Lyrical Nanoha, Elemental Gelade, Fate/stay night, Kamichu, the live-action Ninja Vixens work, Paradise Kiss, Rozen Maiden, Rozen Maiden - Träumend, Shana, Shonen Onmyouji, The Familiar of Zero, The Story of Saiunkoku, When They Cry - Higurashi, and The Law of Ueki." Source: ANN

This is pretty good news. What do you all think?

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
That is huge news. It either means Funimation can afford the expense or they think they can turn a huge profit on the titles.

I am content with Black Lagoon Second Barrage being released.

Vegito728

Registered Member
they think they can turn a huge profit on the titles
I think this is the reason. They are releasing some pretty big titles, like, Black Lagoon, Black Lagoon: 2nd Barrage, Fate/Stay Night, Hellsing Ultimate, etc etc. They'll make some pretty good money on those titles alone.

Funimation can afford the expense
But I hope this is the reason.

Last edited:

Malificus

Likes snow
I was seriously about to post a thread on this then I saw you beat me to it.

Also, I'm excited about there being more Saiunkoku coming.

Kanji

Registered Member
Yeah I also hope they can afford the expense. Cause if they only got profits on there mind the quality will probably go down hill fast. The only series I'm intrested in, in that list is Paradise Kiss I already got the first two volumes. I Probably need to hurry up and get the rest.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Update:

Funimation has scheduled the first anime DVD releases from its distribution deal with Geneon Entertainment (USA):

August 19: Black Lagoon season 1, Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage volume 1, Elemental Gelade volume 1

September 2: Karin volumes 1-4, Kyo kara Maoh! season 2's volume 1-7

September 9: Shakugan no Shana series box

September 16: Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage volume 2, Fate/stay night series box, Hellsing Ultimate volumes 1-4, Rozen Maiden series box

September 23: Kamichu! series box, Paradise Kiss series box

September 30: When They Cry - Higurashi volumes 1-4

Funimation announced at Anime Expo 2008 on Thursday that it had agreed to manufacture, sell, and distribute selected DVD titles from Geneon Entertainment in North America. Geneon Entertainment had ceased in-house distribution of its own titles last September.

Malificus

Likes snow
I'm disappointed by the lack of Kyo Kara Maoh season one. I want that.

Mason

phawq
It would be good if Funimation were to re-dub Higurashi (Something I hope will happen). Geneon's dub for that was terrible.

Last edited: