Funaki

wooly

I am the woolrus
I was sad not to see Kung Fu Naki on last week's smackdown after his showing against Edge two weeks ago. I thought he might be getting somewhat of a push.

Personally i've always loved to watch Funaki, since back when he would occasionally be involved in cruiserweight title challenges or tag team matches. He's been in the WWE for over ten years now and for most of that he's been jobbing. i think he's deserving of much more.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally I've never been a fan of Funaki and I'm surprised he hasn't gotten released yet. He's always been a jobber in my opinion, yes sometimes he'll get the lucky victory, but most of the times he loses. I personally don't believe he deserves a push either.

I don't think he should get a push. I just don't find him able to keep up with the other more entertaining wrestlers of his stature such as THE Brian Kendrick and Jamie Noble. He's a great jobber, and giving him a fresh gimmick to job to is good.

They could also go the Santino route and have him do funny things each week and job later on in the night. I'd like to see that.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Funaki just does his job well. He's entertaining enough to get by, over enough with the fans to get by, and he's a solid wrestler. The new gimmick is just another way to keep him on TV. He's a valuable guy to have around.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh I agree with you that he's does his job right, and I think his gimmicks are made to make people laugh, especially the new one he has.

I'll admit he's a better then average when it comes to wrestling, but I just don't believe he's anything special.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
He isn't special at all...just a good man and good worker to have around. He's never going to win even the US title. He's earning that paycheck and seems fairly content it appears.

At least he's the biggest jobber there is in the WWE. He'll always be top jobber and have that award to his name. Nobody can beat it - just like The Undertakers undefeated streak at WrestleMania. ;)

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
At least he's the biggest jobber there is in the WWE. He'll always be top jobber and have that award to his name. Nobody can beat it - just like The Undertakers undefeated streak at WrestleMania. ;)
I still don't get why they released Scotty 2 Hotty. That dude was over like a mo-fo, always lost and still got cheered no matter what! Those type guys are so valuable.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am happy that Scotty to Hotty got released, I hated him so much, you always knew what he was going to do in a match, and even he got cheered a lot, I don't believe he was entertaining at all. The worm was pretty fun at first, but got old after five times or so.

I am happy that Scotty to Hotty got released, I hated him so much, you always knew what he was going to do in a match, and even he got cheered a lot, I don't believe he was entertaining at all. The worm was pretty fun at first, but got old after five times or so.
I agree. At first he was entertaining and I cheered for him. That was only at first, though. After that, he became Rey Mysterio-isk and you knew what he was gonna do. Basically, the same stuff and it felt scale. Either because WWE asked him to do it that way, or because of his own initiative

Last edited: