Fun Psychoanalysis exercise

Daemonic

Registered Member
1. Favorite color
2. Favorite animal
3. A body of water (could be anything, from cup to ocean, whatever comes to mind.)
4. You're in an empty room alone. How do you feel?
1. Dark, protective, reflecting
2. Small, cute, furry
3. emotional, reflective, relaxing
4. calm, relaxed, contemplative

Windwhisperer

Registered Member
Okay, is time to say what this about.

We learn the unconscious and subconscious is filled with self defense mechanisms according to Freud and can hide or suppress the way we truly feel about certain things.

The questions I ask are designed to be a way around these defense mechanisms according to Freud. This is not 100% accurate and from my findings is closer to maybe 80% from this assignment. So please look at this as fun exercise and nothing more.

Now here is key to each question I ask:

"- How you responded to the first question reflects how you perceive yourself, or how you think others perceive you.

- How you responded to the second question reflects the attributes you find attractive in another person.

- How you responded to the third question reflects how you feel about sex.

- How you responded to the fourth question reflects how you feel about death."

I would like to know from those who take this what they think, is accurate? was very much off? or just funny to you?

• powerful, sexy, mysterious
  • funny, intelligent, resourceful
  • big, blue, dangerous
  • confused, nervous, scared

I like to think all of them are correct other than 3.... I love sex... so dangerous doesnt fit...and blue? hahahaa

rainbow5555

Registered Member
1:Deadly,Unsettled,Paradoxical (grey)
2:Stong,efficient,fearless (gorilla)
3:Fascinating,Spiritual,Neverending
4:Bored,Apathetic,unstimulated

I'm not sure there is that much truth to this, I'm not sure if 1 i true as I don' know how others view me, 2 Is correct I do want a woman who is efficien rather than good-looking or cool, 3 I snot entirely true I don't see sex as spiritual, neverending I'm not sure and 4 I cannot be sure of Although I dn't care so much abot death.

wolfy

Registered Member
1. dark, deep, calming
2. strong, clever, free
3. clear, vast, alive
4. calm, creative, seeking

Edit: now that I've read the key..
Hmm..
- How you responded to the first question reflects how you perceive yourself, or how you think others perceive you.
I do not perceive myself that way, so I don't think this one is accurate.

- How you responded to the second question reflects the attributes you find attractive in another person.
Strong, clever, free.. describes the person I love exactly. 'Tis true.

- How you responded to the third question reflects how you feel about sex.
Clear? What does that mean? And vast? At least alive makes sense.

- How you responded to the fourth question reflects how you feel about death.
Death can be calm and I do have 'calm' views about it, I suppose. Creative? Well, I do find creative inspiration from morbid subjects. Seeking? Well, I have sought death. But not now.

It was very interesting, but I would only take these results with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

ancredelamour

Registered Member
howi think people perceive me:... pretty, happy, clean [kind of weird, i have bad skin and hate my hair and always worry about that]

what i look for in a partner:.... cute, loving, best friend

sex:... mysterious, cold, big [i actually love sex and really want to explore it more, water freaks me out]

death:... confused, anxious, bored [besides bored, uhhh yeah!]

Bayarmaa

This year I study in introduction psychoanalysis. We were asked to take this simple test and the results to me are very amusing. I can not say to much of the meaning of this test or the results may not be so accurate.

So, I will explain what you are to do then in few days or maybe after 10-11 people answer I will explain in better detail the meaning of this. I think many like me will find this amusing, it is not meant to be 100% accurate and with results you may think they are very true and maybe not so true, it is only meant to be done in fun.

Okay, here we go.

In list fashion I would like you to list 3 descriptive words to best say what you think or how you feel about the following:

1. Favorite color
2. Favorite animal
3. A body of water (could be anything, from cup to ocean, whatever comes to mind.)
4. You're in an empty room alone. How do you feel?

Please note, do NOT say what IS your Favorite color or animal etc, only say what you think or feel of your favorite color, animal etc.

Here is example of an answer:

1. bright, soft, soothing.
2. Big, furry, brown.

okay? if you do not
1.btigh