• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fun Psychoanalysis exercise

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
:lol: Remember, this was all developed by Freud, the pioneer of psychoanalysis. Freud was a genius because he was the first person to think in terms like this, not because everything he said was 100% accurate.

Things have been somewhat refined since then. Good fun, though.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
:lol: Remember, this was all developed by Freud, the pioneer of psychoanalysis. Freud was a genius because he was the first person to think in terms like this, not because everything he said was 100% accurate.

Things have been somewhat refined since then. Good fun, though.

This is very good answer for fractal and better than I can do to explain, thank you ;).

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
That's interesting, I guess it's along the same lines as dream interpretation. I haven't read Freud, but do you know how he arrived at the correlation? It makes sense to conceive a correlation, but how do you know what are correlated? I've always wondered. Did he ask people the answers to both the questions and look for a pattern?

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
In list fashion I would like you to list 3 descriptive words to best say what you think or how you feel about the following:

1. Favorite color
2. Favorite animal
3. A body of water (could be anything, from cup to ocean, whatever comes to mind.)
4. You're in an empty room alone. How do you feel?

Please note, do NOT say what IS your Favorite color or animal etc, only say what you think or feel of your favorite color, animal etc.

Here is example of an answer:

1. bright, soft, soothing.
2. Big, furry, brown.

okay? if you do not understand please ask before you answer. :)

Edit: If you wish to take this test do not read past this post. I have already posted the key for this and may ruin the fun for you if you read before you respond!!! :shocked:
1.) Passionate, Deep, Warm
2.) Gentle, Strong, Fearless, Loyal, Intelligent, Loving
3.) Beautiful, Tranquil, Reflecting
4.) Relaxed, Comfortable

Now here is key to each question I ask:

"- How you responded to the first question reflects how you perceive yourself, or how you think others perceive you.

- How you responded to the second question reflects the attributes you find attractive in another person.

- How you responded to the third question reflects how you feel about sex.

- How you responded to the fourth question reflects how you feel about death."

I would like to know from those who take this what they think, is accurate? was very much off? or just funny to you?

^ I just noticed this ^ It's pretty spot-on!:lol:

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Now here is key to each question I ask:

"- How you responded to the first question reflects how you perceive yourself, or how you think others perceive you.
"gives courage, feminine but not too girly, very passionate"

Yeah, that works for me. :madame:

- How you responded to the second question reflects the attributes you find attractive in another person.
"calm lovable mysterious and ready to scratch you if attacked"

HAHA, yeah that's possible. I've always preferred people who can keep their calm but won't let themselves be attacked without fighting back. And of course, who doesn't love lovable people?

- How you responded to the third question reflects how you feel about sex.
"majestic falls"

Yeah, I like it grand and breathtaking :lol:.

- How you responded to the fourth question reflects how you feel about death."
"I'll sing and check the accoustic"

This could be accurate. I'm not afraid of it. I'm even curious about it.

JessEpiphany

Registered Member
Knowing what it's about now, I'll comment on what I think of it.

I don't think my answers are too out there, not far off from what might be true. Except for #1. I don't see myself as "limitless" nor do I imagine other people see me that way.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I must ask myself how sex is "reflecting"...:laugh:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
That's interesting, I guess it's along the same lines as dream interpretation. I haven't read Freud, but do you know how he arrived at the correlation? It makes sense to conceive a correlation, but how do you know what are correlated? I've always wondered. Did he ask people the answers to both the questions and look for a pattern?
Freud was less a scientist than a philosopher --> I actually learned about him as a literary critic, rather than a psychologist. :lol: Since his ideas were so wild, a lot of people discredit him as a joke of a thinker these days, but the truth of the matter is that a lot of his ideas were wildly unique for the time.

Freud tried to read the subconscious mind, and though his methods may have been faulty, he gets credit for being the first to really make a concerted effort to do so. He pretty much single-handedly pioneered the field of psychology.