• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

FullMetal Alchemist

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
I just got absolutely HOOKED on watching FullMetal Alchemist. I am only on episode 8 or something like that, but it's the only anime that i have encountered that I like better as an anime than as a manga. it even has good dubbing! that's rare in itself.

So... discuss. What do you think of FMA? Is it really ony of the better Animes or am I diluted? Is the huge fandom justified?

Please put spoilers in their respective tags - I only just got to the part where he gave up his watch and then got it back.

Saucepan

Registered Member
I've heard a lot of people complain that the anime differs from the manga, however I found the anime to be very enjoyable all the way through. My only major problem was with the movie, I didn't like how it ended.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
I like the manga better because it's longer. XD

Shallow, I know... but there are other reasons. The ending of the anime is just very odd, you'll have to wait until you get there.

Vegito728

Registered Member
FMA is my all time favorite anime so that's saying a lot right there. Damn. I need to re-watch this series lol. It's a great show so enjoy it.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
It is a very good anime although I was disappointed with the last 10 or so episodes.

Definitely one of my favorites and a must watch for most anime fans. It's one of the best long series I have seen aside from Gundam Seed and Bleach.

I thought the anime had too slow of a start though. It is deserving of most of it's praise.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Hey EA, I finally finished. :hyper: Now I've got questions for you and for the rest who care to discuss FMA. Just a warning, I have just seen the series not the movie (so don't spoil, if ever).

Who is your fave (human) character?

Who's your favorite homunculus?

What are your thoughts about the Law of Equivalent Exchange?

If you already have a philosopher's stone, would you bring back someone from life?

Thoughts on the ending and what the movie will be about?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Fave human: Winry

Fave Homunculus: Wrath (so cute!)

Thoughts on EE: It's pretty fair, if you want something you gotta give something. If you wanna eat you gotta give mcdonalds the money.

Thoughts on ending: From what i can remember, it wasn't too bad and it left room for the movie or sequal.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Fave human: Winry

Fave Homunculus: Wrath (so cute!)

Thoughts on EE: It's pretty fair, if you want something you gotta give something. If you wanna eat you gotta give mcdonalds the money.

Thoughts on ending: From what i can remember, it wasn't too bad and it left room for the movie or sequal.
I'm curious about Wrath...what happened to him? Or will answering that spoil the movie? Why can't he not regenerate in the end like the other homunculi? I know he lost some parts so he couldn't do alchemy anymore, but the others were able to shift form or auto heal without alchemy anyway.

I liked Ed. Aside from having such a strong character/personality, I probably just relate with him because we're both altitudinally disadvantaged. :lol: I also liked Hughes. I was bummed with what happened to him in the end.

As for the EE, it all made sense to me until Dante challenged it in the last episodes. And she does make sense. I'm still trying to reconcile the two. I think that the exactness applies to matter, after all it was based on the law of conservation. Matter cannot be created/destroyed, only rearranged (mass of reactants must equal mass of products). Something like that. :hah: In Dante's example though it's not dealing with the same thing. It's not physical anymore, some are concepts or feelings. There cannot be exactness of the exchange, but the general idea that each has an equivalent still applies (the same way karmic idea goes...you give you get). Still fair. :shifteyes:

If I had a philosopher stone and can bring someone back to life with With no repercussions (person is the same, no people to kill, etc.), yes I probably would. But it would be hard to choose who.

I agree with your thoughts on the ending. It surely made room for a sequel. It looked like now there's a parallel world to explore. It hurt my head for a while because I wasn't expecting that twist, but I liked it.