Full Metal Alchemist

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Pure_bliss_009, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Pure_bliss_009

Pure_bliss_009 Registered Member

What started off as browsing through TV and seeing bits and parts of Full Metal Alchemist soon turned into ordering the box sets to a very addicting Anime collection. Watching and episode or 2 has become part of my nightly routine and i am now on my last set. Anyone else here fans ? or anyone have any suggestions as to other Anime Series i should look into once i'm done with this one?

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yeah, I liked that series too. After that I think the next not so short series that I saw was Death Note.

3. Pure_bliss_009

I'll have to look into that one once i'm done. They also have a movie after the full metal alchemist series and they are coming out with brotherhood as a sequel series too , should be interesting.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I've seen the Conqueror of Shamballa. I liked it too. I watched it right after I marathoned FMA series. I haven't seen any of the Brotherhood episodes though, that came out last year.

5. Pure_bliss_009

Did it really .. they still dont have the sets for sale online .. not until august i believe

6. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I've seen the first series, but not Brotherhood yet. It was a great anime to watch, with a few minor annoyances. One of the things that grated on my nerves a little was how Al (in the English dub, anyway) was always saying "Brother! Brother! Brother? Brother! Brother. Brother?! BROTHER!!!"

Needless to say, it got old fast.

7. Pure_bliss_009

Thats one thing i refuse to see Anime in english , it just doesnt sound right .. doesnt do it justice at all

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Oh I meant they came out on the telly last year. Not sure when the DVD set would be available. Maybe before they release the English dubbed version?

Ha. We have a thread here about dubbed and subtitles when watching anime. Sometimes I have no choice and the cheap dvd sets only come dubbed (in French).

9. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Do you live in America? If so you can (legally) stream Brotherhood on FUNimation's video site. Currently 1 - 59 (subbed) are up. And 60 will be up tomorrow at 10 am CT.

For those of you who are curious as to what Brotherhood really is... It's a "reboot". It's reanimated and follows the story of the manga closely. The original anime split off from the manga around the Lab 5 part and made many changes before that point. Brotherhood is a bit rushed in the beginning, but I think it's 14-15 where it finally starts animating new manga-exclusive stuff. It ends really soon with the manga ending.

As for my opinion, I don't know. When I first watched the original anime I did not know that it had split off from the manga. I enjoyed it a whole bunch. The background music soundtrack was great as well. It also made me cry, especially there towards the end.

But I just can't rewatch it anymore. It's just so wild and out there. Not that Brotherhood isn't. It's just Brotherhood is following the manga's story and not going off on its own crazy tangent.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

It's not technically anime, but the FMA manga has just wrapped up. I must say I'm fairly satisfied with the way it ended. I can't say much without spoiling anything, but it does get pretty darn awesome towards the last few chapters.