Full details on 15 wrestler trade

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

This is technically a RAW spoiler so dont look it you dont want to be spoiled...

Before Donald Trump's removal as the owner of Monday Night Raw last week, he orchestrated more than a dozen Superstar trades, extending through all three WWE brands and including the following (as announced on WWE.com):

2. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Shelton Benjamin leaving Smackdown?

I was beginning to enjoy his feud with R Truth, oh well.

As for the other trades, not too bad, although I do feel sorry for the latter who are getting moved from Raw and Smackdown. No offence to ECW.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Jack going to RAW could turn out terrible bad or terrible good. I mean, at least if Jack was on SmackDown! perhaps he could go for the World title against either Jeff or Punk, but on RAW I see him getting buried into mid-carders instead of main eventer... I hope I'm wrong on this.

SmackDown! got the shaft. I don't like Finlay, I don't like Hardy and the others I don't even know about. Besides, isn't Hardy injured? What is the point of that... Also, Finlay always cheating with Hornswoggle is just terrible now. I'm sick of it! >.<;

4. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I thought Hornswoggle had his own thing going now?

I guess with Goldust going, that would split up the freak show....

Swagger will never in my eyes be a top competitor, he's probably twice as good as the other wrestlers on ability alone, but in terms of selling themselves, he isn't too good.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I like Swagger going to Raw, I think that could elevate his career. I don't like Shelton Benjamin going to ECW, once again he's getting the bad end of the stick. I like that the Hart Trilogy is going to Smackdown, I think that should make them a bit bigger. Other than that, I dont really care about the changes.

6. Millz

Smackdown! got the shaft? I thought they made out like bandits...really improving their show more then it was already! Matt Hardly benefits greatly with the move because he'll be higher on the pecking order...not to mention a veteran like Finlay and the Hart Dynasty for crying out loud...huge win there.

Lets not kid ourselves though....RAW did awesome as well with Bourne, Henry and Swagger. This could be huge for Swagger like you mentioned, Vilk. He already helped out the WWE Champ.

Also, Mark Henry last night...wow with the face pops and good for him. I'm glad he was cheered and he pinned the WWE Champ. This could be good for him and he deserves it.

To add on I think this will be the start of many FCW guys getting called up to the ECW roster...which is cool with me. Shocked Christian didnt move.

7. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Very happy with this draft. Delighted to see Jack Swagger and Evan Bourne especially coming to RAW. Hopefuly they're put the good use.

While it may be a 'step down' for Benjamin going to ECW i think it'll be really good for him. He's definitely going to be a main eventer in ECW and i can see him getting really over with ECW fans as he competes for the title, and probably get a run as ECW Champion.

And REALLY happy to see the Hart Dynasty moving to Smackdown. There's some great superstars for them to feud with there and make a name for themselves.

This has actually got me a little more excited about WWE as a whole. I think it's a really good draft. As long as they actually push the superstars moving from ECW properly. I think a big part of the future of the WWE has been moved in this draft.

8. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

I totally marked on Henry last night for some reason, haha. Seeing him go face (I hope he stays that way) is really "refreshing" as I said to Millz. He's someone who's been heel for years without a big change in character or direction...plus the man himself is a hard worker and a WWE staple. He deserves a shot to shine.

I HATE that Benjamin is back to ECW. It's good for ECW, but I still think Shelton should be more prominent. A year or so feuding for the ECW Title might be good for him though. I'm stoked about the Hart Dynasty getting to one of the big two shows. I'm a huge fan. I'm glad Goldust is going to ECW, too. A chance for him to actually compete in my opinion.

The RAW move is great for Swagger and Bourne. I think both will shine.

9. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

There are trades in wrestling? What are there divisions or something?

10. Millz

I dont like Shelton on ECW either but hopefully he gets an ECW title run and that helps him in the future.

Swagger and Bourne deserve the promotion because they are over in their respective roles.

Goldust to ECW is an underrated move IMO.

Henry should definitely remain a face after what happened last night.

Since 2002 or 2003 they've had wrestlers specific to RAW and Smackdown and recently they added a third brand, ECW. World Wrestling Entertainment owns all three but for story purposes they keep certain wrestlers on certain brands and sometimes make trade or have a draft to mix it up a bit. It's moreso for extra revenue.