FTP help needed

Nanner

Registered Member
YEAH I'm level 4!! Whoo Hoo. Anyway. I have a little website (yahoo)....a kinda cheesy one that is about my kid and pics for some of my friends. I hadn't updated it in awhile and somewhere in there I had cleaned out my whole computer. Since then I've updated the page (on the puter) but can't get the FTP program to work so now I have nothing but one main page uploaded. What do you all use to upload your pages? I was using the one recommended by Yahoo (I think it's called WSFTP)??? Something like that. Why I could get it to work before and not now I have no clue! I'd be willing to buy one if needed (although not a huge expensive thing as this isn't anything close to a professional site)! But of course free is better :D

BTW Like the new forums! A lot! (even if there isn't a Nanner one :D )

Last edited:

Marys454BB

Premium Member
I use WsFTP pro...
Did you get all your information right in the connections? What happens when you try to connect to your FTP space?

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Well that depends on the type of website you have with Yahoo Geocities. The free service does not allow direct FTP anymore. I don't know about the paid ones. If you use the free one the only way that I know of to edit them is to log into geocities.com and edit them directly.

TwilightDawn

~Bus Driver's Pet~
I personally prefer WsFTP, Though I have not used it in a while because i just don't have the time. I would suggest you check your connections. Download.com has a few downloads you can try for free, but if you want a good product it will cost some cash.

Nanner

Registered Member
Thanks everyone! I'll check out the ones you all suggested and maybe soon get that website back up! (if I can ever get off this site with my limited free time that is :D )

Mr Snipes said:
Well that depends on the type of website you have with Yahoo Geocities. The free service does not allow direct FTP anymore. I don't know about the paid ones. If you use the free one the only way that I know of to edit them is to log into geocities.com and edit them directly.

I have the cheepo pay site so I can use an FTP.... just not the one I have cuz I can't get it to work :D

Marys454BB said:
I use WsFTP pro...
Did you get all your information right in the connections? What happens when you try to connect to your FTP space?

Error Error Error! I've checked and double checked my connections and you're probably right. Something isn't in there correctly but I can't figure out what! I've been doing this for years so you'd think by now I'd have it right!????!

Last edited:

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
I like aceftp 3. It's free, and has a little pop up when you close, but otherwise works great.

I used to use cuteftp, but got a new computer and it doesn't like this for some reason.

ty2d2

Registered Member
uh you guys are talking about a website editor or no???

i dunno what a ftp is actually

because i found a program called dreamweaverMX its really cool for web editing