• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

From today I am giving up all drinks except water

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
This is a little experiment. I have not drunk alcoholic drinks for about 2 years and don't plan to start again in the near future so this includes those.

From today I am going to stop drinking everything except for water alone. I'm going to see how long I can go for and then see if I feel any changes within myself by the end.

The things I am going to find hardest to stop drinking are hot chocolates, fruit juice and some soft drinks such as lemonade and lemon squash (my favourites).

I know some people think fruit juice is good for you but it's extremely high in sugar which is why I am stopping that too. Even home-made freshly squeezed fruit juice can be high in sugar.

Okay day 1. Here we go.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Good luck to you Crouton. It was tough for me to give up soft drinks for 40 days so I can imagine, kinda, how difficult this will end up being for ya.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've thought about how good this would be, but it's too tough for me to do lol...good luck Crout, and keep us posted on what it's like, any benefits you notice after a good while, etc.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Thanks for the encouragement guys! I will keep you posted. I actually did do this very thing many years ago and managed to go a couple of months straight drinking nothing but water. I'm hoping I can make it that long again this time.

Impact

V.I.P.
Oh wow, that's going to be crazy hard. The only thing I really drink besides water is coffee and alcoholic drinks, and it would be pretty hard to give those up. Good luck with it

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Thanks Lauren! I never really got into drinking tea or coffee and the only hot drink I enjoy is hot chocolate (of which I drink too much).

The hardest for me will probably be lemon squash. Solo, Lift etc. I love any lemon flavoured soft drink. I'm also all but addicted to most fruit juice so that should be challenging too.

Impact

V.I.P.
Yeah, sugar withdrawals suck, which I can imagine you're going to get if you just stop with the juice and soft drink. I tried to cut sugar out of my coffee once and I couldn't handle it. I had no energy and was seriously grumpy all the time. But in the long term you're gonna feel a heap better I imagine.

Starfire86

Registered Member
Be prepared for headaches, that's common when you cut sugar and caffeine from your diet. You might find that eventually you won't want to drink anything but water when you're actually thirsty. Good luck, and good decision!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Be prepared for headaches, that's common when you cut sugar and caffeine from your diet. You might find that eventually you won't want to drink anything but water when you're actually thirsty. Good luck, and good decision!
Thanks! I don't really have any caffeine in my diet as I don't drink coffee and don't like coke or other cola soft drinks. Thanks for the warning about the headaches. If I get headaches I'll remember this and know not to panic ;).

Ivan

Registered Member
Why do you want to stop drinking lemonade ? It'a really healthy drink. Do you also want to stop eating all fruits, only because of the natural sugar in them? I don't think that is too smart. Our body needs balaced diet, and natural sugar is also one of the nutrients.

Yes, it's good to stop drinking hot chocolates, artificial sweet juices, cokes etc, but I think that you exaggerate a little. Water should be the main drink, I also drink mostly water, but I also sometimes drink fruit frappe, lemonade etc, it's natural (I make them from fruits at home, I don't buy any things like this they are all full of artificial sweeteners) and really healthy.