From China to Amsterdam

People are locking arms and playing an unusually large game of red rover.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I'm pretty sure any game that spans two continents, and isn't being played online, counts as a lot more than being "unusually large"...

Wade8813

Registered Member
It is "unusually large", much the way the Grand Canyon is a big hole in the ground. It's true, but it's such an understatement.

But why would you call the grand canyon a big hole? It already comes with a descriptive name. Like the Great Wall of China, all the info you need is in the name. It's not like Niagara falls or Mount Everest. Where you don't even get a location, much less a description.

I can just image someone asking "What's the Grand Canyon?" "It's a Canyon that's Grand in size"

Wade8813

Registered Member
But why would you call the grand canyon a big hole? It already comes with a descriptive name. Like the Great Wall of China, all the info you need is in the name. It's not like Niagara falls or Mount Everest. Where you don't even get a location, much less a description.

I can just image someone asking "What's the Grand Canyon?" "It's a Canyon that's Grand in size"
Good point. The Grand Canyon analogy is just one I'd heard before; that's why I repeated it (I think the other was about the Pacific Ocean). But you're right, Niagra or Everest would be a better analogy.