• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Friends with Benefits?

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
What are your opinions on this?

It's a moral gray area for me. I've always seen it as either in a relationship or not, yet some people are able to pull it off. I'm not sure if it's necessarily a good or bad thing though. I'm not one to condemn what two people do, but I know some who may look down upon this kind of stuff.

Some people also say feelings are bound to come up sooner or later. That's kind of the way I see a friends with benefits situation eventually leading to.

Dabs

Registered Member
I call it having a fuck buddy, and it's not something I'm interested in.
There are other ways to make yourself feel better than just looking at your 'friend' and saying "wanna have sex??"
Something about it just doesn't seem right to me :-/

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I do not speak from personal experience, but I know a few people who have had this kind of relations. It never turns out good for this or that reason, weather one begins to have feelings for the other and not in return or the motives to enter into it are based on more than "just friends" feelings for one and not the other.

I am sure there is small percentage who can do this and be fine, but from what I have seen of this type of thing it is a friendship ending relationship, eventually.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here are my thoughts on it...simply...

Don't do it...it's not worth it. I've never had one and never will...just leads to bad things and it isn't something that I'd be interested in to be honest.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
Not worth it. If you start developing feelings and they aren't reciprocated, it's the end of your friendship.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It's definitely a risky situation. I've had a few FWB... some I still talk to, some I don't. Basically, if you really enjoy the friendship you have with this person & can honestly see being good friends with them for the rest of your life.... avoid this, if not.... DO IT. Haha.

Daemonic

Registered Member
I was FWB at some point years ago with two of my best friends...

One of 11 years and the other 8 years. Never had a problem, and would do it again if either of them were single and wanted to.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I don't judge anyone who does it, to each their own, but it's not for me. I know that I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Impact

V.I.P.
I think it's a great idea for two people who don't want to be in relationships, don't want one night stands but still want sex. I had a fuck buddy for 5 years (on and off due to seeing other people) and feelings never got in the way. At least not on my part or that i'm aware of. After we stopped sleeping together we remained friends. So, it can work out pretty well.

Hiei

The Hierophant
I've had a couple fuck buddies. In my experience, it seems that there's two ways that it can go. One way leads to feelings being developed that weren't there before, whether either parties included want the feelings to happen or not. Or, it just makes things awkward when no feelings happen.

I don't have a problem with anyone else having as many fuck buddies as they want to have. Why not? It's not any of my business nor my concern. Personally, I'd only ever call up one of my female friends to get laid if I were in some desperate need for sex. I don't see that happening anytime soon, though. I'd rather just get a girlfriend, anyway.

I don't really see these kinds of relationships as good nor bad, it all depends on how you feel in the relationship. If it works for you, then it works for you. If it doesn't then it doesn't. It's all about what you want in the relationship. If all you want is sex, then it'll probably turn out nicely. Unless those pesky feelings happen.