• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Friends Or Work Mates

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
So,

One of my best friends happens to work with me and I love him dearly but at work he is a complete douche!

He doesnt turn up, or he's late or he sits and does nothing, problem is he's the bosses favourite which means while I'm running around with managerial duties as well as my normal work as well as all HIS work he gets all the praise!!

Eurgh!

So heres my question: When does a friendship end for a working relationship to work?

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I suppose it ends when he's literally not doing his job. :lol: I think in a professional environment, it's ok to tell someone that he/she needs to get his act together. It shouldn't be taken personally. You might want to make that clear. :D

In the workplace, things can be friendly as long as each person is doing their job, but work should come first.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If he's really your best friend, then I'm sure he'll understand that you cannot take this anymore. Remember, this is the real world a job isn't easy to get. Tell him to smarten up(maybe in a better manner than that) and to start showing up for work and do what he's paid to do.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
If he's really your best friend, then I'm sure he'll understand that you cannot take this anymore. Remember, this is the real world a job isn't easy to get. Tell him to smarten up(maybe in a better manner than that) and to start showing up for work and do what he's paid to do.
Agreed...you should talk to him about the workload and say that you are not going to do his work anymore. I am pretty sure that he will understand especially when some of his work will start being late or never done due to his laziness and he will start getting chewed out. Also I would talk to his boss about this as well because he is obvisouly running you over and getting away with it. His boss needs to be aware what's going on. I know that will be tough because he may lose his job or get a suspension, but it is not right for you.

Dabs

Registered Member
First off..sorry to hear, as I know it is complicating things for you~
Second, I would talk to him....as a friend and colleague.......tell him politely that when you are at work, it's work ethics that come first.
He should do his work the way he should, and that you are already doing your job, and that's what you are there for, not to do his job and yours.
Maybe tell him too, that you feel he is taking advantage of your friendship.
Then, let him know you will still be his friend, out of the workplace......while at work, you work...when you are not at work...do your friendship thing.
And if he is a good friend...he will completely understand all of this, and not become upset at you....or end your friendship.
If that happens, he couldn't be much of a friend then~