Friend trouble

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by Iris, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

So my friend Katelyn and I have been hanging out for a while. We are pretty close.

When we first met she had a huge crush on my friend Jordyn. One weekend we were together, the three of us and my friend DJ, hanging out at my house. Jordyn was all over Katelyn, (jordyn is a girl, btw) this was fine, I knew Katelyn liked her and thought this were going good. Then I noticed something, every time Katelyn tried to do anything (be it touch her, or make any sort of intimate gesture) Jordyn would pull away. So basically she led Katelyn on the entire night, then told her that she wasn't sure if she liked girls and was using her.

Then she thought she liked Sarah, who she's known for a year. So they go out and while that's happening she is with her ex Storm, kissing, playing around, I don't know if they slept together. Then she hooked up with her other ex, Jessy, and when things started to get rocky with Sarah because she was fed up with the cheating, she got together with her mom's girlfriend's daughter, Faith. Faith lives in Alabama, and was visiting with her mom for a week. Sarah breaks things off and Katelyn thinks she loves Faith, just a few days ago Faith went back home to her boyfriend and such.

So now she thinks she's single because her girlfriend is in another state and has a boyfriend (who Faith was thinking of breaking up with for Katelyn).

Today I went to hang out with her and I found out she was going to hang out with Storm, I put my foot down. Storm emotionally blackmails her, pulls her into doing intimate stuff, and has major issues. I tried telling Katelyn that if she hung out with Storm it would be cheating on Faith, she loves Faith, why be with another woman?

Oh yeah, she's been talking to a neighbor, Hunter, who is 12!!!! WTF man. I told her if she does ANYTHING with Hunter (intimate) I will slam her to the ground, but she kept saying she wasn't going to do anything. But she spent a good part of the night talking to Hunter, Storm, and Faith.

:stare:

She won't listen, is there anything I can do or say to get her to straighten the hell up?

2. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

wow... O_O

it seems like you've said everything you can. something's gonna happen to make her realize she's out of control.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Not to sound rude or anything . . . but how many freakin' lesbians do you know? Do they grow in abundance around those parts?

:lol:

Sounds like Katelyn is either trying way too hard to find a spot to fit in, or she's just overdoing the "free spirit" thing. Obviously, her decisions are ultimately her own and if she decides to keep retreading old and painful ground, maybe that's what she needs to snap out of this, whatever "this" is.

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I was thinking the same thing actually...where are all these lesbian friends coming from. And where can I find them...I know just a handful of gays/lesbians...

Sounds like she is just trying to find someone to be with. She might have this feeling to be needed or wanted in some way.

Kay honestly I read your post but it sounded like there were so many love triangles going on but nothing was serious. I mean I got confused with the amount of names.

Its sounds like your friend is just hops from one crush to another.

I would just let it work itself out...there isn't much you can do and say...

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I think we need a graph.

6. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

Or a Tree; Yeah a tree would work.

7. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

lol I know.

As for all of the lesbians, I only knew of myself until I met her. Then she introduced me to all of her friends. I was surprised by the amount she knew.

But my main problem is that she keeps hurting every one. I liked Storm, she started to become my friend, same with Sarah.

My informant is this friend of ours she's staying with. He's letting me in on what she does, because he hates it too. Yet when I started to talk to her today about every thing, he stood up and walked out the room.

Way to back me up. :-/

8. raye_raye

raye_raye my bologna has a 1st name

hime,
    It's not pretty, but this is probably something that you are going to have to let her figure out. I think I understand a lot of where you are coming from. I had a friend in a very similar circumstance and I tried to beat it into her head that she was going to only hurt herself as she played lesbo hopscotch but she paid no mine to anything I had to say. i just had to standby until she came to her senses. I wish you the best luck, and as hard as it may be(or atleast was for me) just try and be there for her if she does fall.

sorry its probably not very helpful, but its my input...

Matriqulated likes this.
  9. Stalking_Night

Stalking_Night Registered Member

I had to re-read the OP a few times....

seems you have done as much as you can. Can you be sure for definate any of it was serious tho?

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

you just have to let katelyn be katelyn and if it gets to be too much for you, distance yourself.