Friday @ Midnight...

iggyshotthebear said:
If you are only on Goblet of Fire, you're behind sweetie LOL
OMG, I can't believe I typed that........at least I have my excuse waiting up in the talk box! See Nanner, no sleep and typos are a bad thing!!! HBP!!! :lol:

SamusAran86

Registered Member
funny thing is, We are advertising that we will be open for a Potter Party at 12:01 AM

We close at midnight, and there is only 2 people in the store after 10 pm...
still cant figure out how they are going to pull that one off.

I will have the book. I read the first 4 in a week and took about a week to read #5.

I just wish they'd get the movies done, or the kids will be too old looking to finigh them

1_ares_1

Registered Member
No Kidding! The movies will be like half the TV series! 30 yr olds playing teens!

I'm a huge fan of HP books! Started buying them for Ty2D2 but seems I liked them more than he did so, they are MINE!!! I can't wait to read this next one. Have been waiting and waiting and WAITING! Although the movies are super... Nothing compares to how the books read!

Nanner

Registered Member
:::::Raising hand:::::

I know I know I know!!! and I've never read one of them. Have seen bits of a couple of movies though. Look pretty good. Did you all see on the news about the one lady who bought one the other day (store made a mistake and put them out.....they are pretty sure she got the only copy before they were pulled) She said she had only read a couple of pages and would take the book back to the store until Sat. ???????????????? Ahhhh why?

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
Nanner said:
:::::Raising hand:::::

I know I know I know!!! and I've never read one of them. Have seen bits of a couple of movies though. Look pretty good. Did you all see on the news about the one lady who bought one the other day (store made a mistake and put them out.....they are pretty sure she got the only copy before they were pulled) She said she had only read a couple of pages and would take the book back to the store until Sat. ???????????????? Ahhhh why?

uh they sold 14 copies before the mistake was discovered LOL and they were all asked to take them back to the store and the incentive they gave them was if they took them back to the store til sat. All of their books would be autographed by J.K. Rowling. I would take it back for that lol : )

I have been reading the books since they came out and am keeping them for my daughter when she is old enough to read them. I like the way she writes, they are for children but are written in such a way that adults can get into them as well. and as far as the movies go I think they have done a really good job sticking to the books thus far.

Nanner

Registered Member
Bunny_roses said:
uh they sold 14 copies before the mistake was discovered LOL and they were all asked to take them back to the store and the incentive they gave them was if they took them back to the store til sat. All of their books would be autographed by J.K. Rowling. I would take it back for that lol : )

I have been reading the books since they came out and am keeping them for my daughter when she is old enough to read them. I like the way she writes, they are for children but are written in such a way that adults can get into them as well. and as far as the movies go I think they have done a really good job sticking to the books thus far.

Hey for a not really HP fan I did good though didn't I? :D I not only knew what was happening at midnight on Fri but I knew (at least part of) the story?

Yeah I'm thinking of starting to pick up both the books and the movies for the kid so she'll have them when she gets older. Might as well since by then they may not be around or something?

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
Nanner said:
Hey for a not really HP fan I did good though didn't I? :D I not only knew what was happening at midnight on Fri but I knew (at least part of) the story?

Yeah I'm thinking of starting to pick up both the books and the movies for the kid so she'll have them when she gets older. Might as well since by then they may not be around or something?

hehe yea you did pretty well for not knowing much about it : ) I'ts a real good idea to pick up all the books for the kids, especially the hard backs. When our kids get older they just might be worth something hahahaha.

if you have a Costco where you live and are a member or know someone who is. They sell the boxed sets for a really good price! So if you can wait until this book comes out and then go see if Costco is offering it in a boxed set : )