• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fresh needs a good manga to read.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
After finishing the Claymore series for the second and the constant disappoints that Bleach has been throwing my way in the form of fillers (not that I am going to stop watching I just enjoy complaining:cute:) I decided to start reading Manga's but I dont know where too start. I was looking for something with a bit of action but i'm getting so desperate it doesn't matter anymore. So any ideas guys?

I just read the synopsis for Basilisk and it sounds pretty good.

Kanji

Registered Member
If your going to buy manga at a store I recommend Robot.
If your looking at something to read on the net then I recommend Blue Dragon - Ral Grado

Malificus

Likes snow
Aria, Saiyuki/Saiyuki Reload, King of Bandits Jing/King of Bandits Jing: Twilight Tales, Trigun/Tigun Maximum, Paradise Kiss, Franken Fran, Monster.

I underlined the best ones. Ones with action are bolded. if you need more suggestions I can give a lot more easily. Monster has action, but it more of a drama series. The rest have action up front. Aria and Jing: Twilight Tales have the best art.

Last edited:

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Blue Dragon, is anything like the game that recently came out or just a coincidence?

Thanks Mal I can always count on your knowledge of manga, whats is Trigun Maximum a spinoff of Trigun? The King of the Bandits sounds pretty good how is it? I've heard alot of good things about Monster's anime so the manga must be amazing.

Malificus

Likes snow
It's the sequel. Carries on after Knives' awakening. It's stuff that wasn't made by the time the anime was. it's fights are heads and shoulders above the ones in the anime.

King of Bandits is the story of a master thief. Jing operates on a massive scale, stealing things like dreams, stars and gods, all while usually solving vital problems of the cities around him as he does so. I suggest the second half more because it's darker, has more impressive events, and the artwork is at its prime. This isn't to say the first half is bad, the second is just better. It's episodic anyway, so you almost never miss much by picking it up at random chapters or more particularly, volumes.

Monster is a dark psycological story. Really enthralling stuff. While Trigun is more of a pure adrenaline excitement, and Jing has a great sense of awe and amazent.

Mason

phawq
Fullmetal Alchemist. Out of all the manga I've read, I enjoy that series the most.

Ylem

Registered Member
Blue dragon is nothing like the tv show or game.

hunter x hunter is a really good manga, o-parts hunter or 666 satan, flame of recca, GTO great teacher oznaki, worst, historys strongest deciple kenichi, rave, MAR, zach bell.

all are very good

Ylem

Registered Member
As is blue dragon ive read that multiple times. lots of anime series are also good like dragon ball and kenshin. check out onemanga.com or bleachexile.com