• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

French Police Raid, 2 dead 7 arrested.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A woman suicide bomber blew herself up and another militant died on Wednesday when police raided an apartment in the Paris suburb of St. Denis seeking suspects in last week's attacks in the French capital.

Three sources told Reuters the raid stopped a jihadist cell that had been planning an attack on Paris's business district, La Defense, after coordinated bombings and shootings killed 129 across the city.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015...ing-idUSKCN0T22IU20151118#VvO3DWyWXuJv6PTI.97

You really have to wonder how many more nuts like these people are across the world. I hope the French catches them all before they kill more people. As long as ISIS exists, or groups like them, countries that are terrorist breeding grounds, there will always be more.

Thoughts?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Christiane Amanpour reports Abbaoud was killed in the raid.

CNN is saying Abbaoud was believed to be in Syria 2 days ago. They are also hearing rumours a secondary attack was close.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The best thing about this raid is finding the person who owns the apartment where the terrorists were arrested. He gave an interview saying he was just temporarily hosting them because he was asked for a room for a couple of days (I suppose he does this thing like airbnb style) but didn't know they were the terrorists. His interview didn't sound convincing at all that it became an internet meme in France (jawad, logeur du daesh). Seems like all hatred and fear is now concentrated on humor, making funny posters with his face and ridiculous denials. Too bad the jokes are mostly playing with French words so if you don't fully understand the language/culture, you won't get joke. But it's something like, they show his picture and caption: "When they talked about Syrie (french for syria)....I thought they're just talking about the speaking voice of iPhone". They even set up a FB for him and an event inviting everyone to have a pajama party at his flat because he seems to "host just about anyone". Et cetera....

On other stuff, a friend of mine lives not far from the raid (he's fine) and they pretty much worked from home those days. Subway closed, some families moved, schools closed...

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
So happy you are okay ysabel. Whenever something like this happens in France I think about you.

I bet that guy knew exactly who and what they were.

I've been having fun with their name.

DAESH=Despicable, Arrogant, Evil, Shit Heads