French couple stumble on Sons grave.

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by Xeilo, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

French couple stumble upon grave of son thought to be alive, report says | News.com.au

That is a pretty messed up way on finding that out :-/

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Wow, that's pretty sad. That would be such a shock...

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Wow!!!! I never imagine that this could happen!! Appalling!!!

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

That's a horrible way to find out that your son has died. I feel so sorry for that family.

5. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I can't help but wonder how this is possible though? How did the authorities not let them know? How can someone die and their loved ones not find out? I think it's a little lame that they didn't worry about him more when they could not get a hold of him though. I would like to think that my family would know I am dead before I get buried. Yikes!

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

He was a poor middle-aged man. If he died in a hospital or in public there may not have been a way to find any of his family members. There surely would have been some kind of notification in the newspaper.

7. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Well today I just found out a mate I used to go to school with died the other day, only reason I found out was I saw people post about it on facebook.

8. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

If they knew the guy's name and birthday to put on the headstone, how could they not find his next of kin?

What a sad story.

9. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

Damn! I cannot even begin to imagine the thoughts that enveloped their minds upon finding out about their son's death (the way they did). A truly sad and grievous occasion.

10. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

That's just depressing, that's like the worst way to find out. But I'm still confused, like NINnerd said, how could they not find his next of kin? They already had his name. Even if he was estranged from his family, they should've still let them know that he was dead.