Freedom or Slavery?

Steerpike

Registered Member
Hypothetical: Civilization has broken down and self-styled warlords with the aid of like minded types enslave people whom they deem suitable.

You are captured by a hunting party. The leader of the party gives you an alternative to a life of slavery. If you can give this leader an intellectually valid reason to not be enslaved, then this leader will allow you to walk away free.

You may not appeal to any existing legal documents for your defense in this.

You can either accept a life of slavery or attempt to answer the question.

Which choice do you make and if you attempt to answer the question, then how do you answer the question, "Why should you not be enslaved?"

This would make an excellent essay question for college.

I'd choose freedom and my reason would be because it's the simple nature of human beings to experience freedom and less chaos would arise out of being free than being in chains.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
This would make an excellent essay question for college.

I'd choose freedom and my reason would be because it's the simple nature of human beings to experience freedom and less chaos would arise out of being free than being in chains.
Depends on how you'd view chaos really. To a man who has decided to enslave anyone he comes across, surely a free entity would have much more potential for chaos than someone who had been enslaved by yourself.

I'm still thinking about what I would say in my defense of freedom.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
A free person could attack too, even attempt to overthrow him and become the new slave driver. Atleast he'd have some way of controling a slave.

Last edited:
Of course if there are many, many more slaves at first and they successfully overthrow the slave masters, then they can install a new order their way. Sometimes it's the ones you think you have control over that ruin you in the end.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
I'm not a good worker and have consistent health problems.
Sounds like excuses to me:lol:

I'll take the slavery side, they made some kick ass songs back in the day about being put to work. Clap and sing along:

"Sun up to sun down pickin that cotton
Sun up to sun down whipped by the massa
Sun up to sun down back to the ole house
No more auction block for me"

~Shwa