Freedom is always worth the price

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I found this video and thought I would share. I take my hat off to this guy and all others who have risked their lives and/or died promoting freedom.

YouTube - Dear Mr. Obama

Discuss.

Sim

Registered Member
There is no freedom in Iraq, but instability and chaos. Between 2003 and 2007, about 650,000 people have died in Iraq because of the invasion, which is five times the number per year than under Saddam's rule.

Army members overwhelmingly support Obama over McCain.

And it's a joke when a Bush/McCain supporter now even mentions the word "freedom" -- the Reps today stand for the worst violations of civil rights and human rights, they are about dismantling the constitutional state. They stand for indefinite detainment of innocent people, denial of fair trials and torture. They are fascism light. There couldn't be a sicker joke than their supporters referring to "freedom".

Blueyes

Registered Member
It's not just Army, most of the Navy too from what I gather talking with most of my friends. I'm gonna to assume the rest of the military as well but that's a big assumption on my part.

For Bush last night smugly saying he was going to bring back 8,000 troops, I'm sure a ton of people just wanted to punch him. It will probably take years for that to happen.

Saucepan

Registered Member
There were/are people like the man in this video who have fought on either side in many wars. People who have believed that they are fighting for "freedom", for their country/views or to "liberate" others.

I take my hat off to those who make that sacrifice sure, those who give their lives for these principles should be honoured, it doesn't make those who give the orders in the first place right even if some good comes of it.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Army members overwhelmingly support Obama over McCain.
Are you referring to the German Army, or the US Army? Also, where do you get your info? I haven't really seen it, although I haven't looked much.