Wii Free jackets for the Wii

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's a good idea. I think an even better idea is to simply use the wrist strap that comes with each Wii-mote.

People who throw their Wii-mote through their TV could have avoided doing so by simply wearing the strap.

Nonetheless, the grip jacket is a good idea too. I don't think Nintendo should give them away for free though. After all, there is nothing faulty about the Wii-mote setup. Just the fact that some people get a little too excited while playing.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was at GameStop the other day and I got to hold a Wii controller with the new jacket on it and I have to say it really works well. It's much easier to grip and it feels a lot better in general.

I always felt like I was holding a remote control when playing the Wii before. With these jackets it is a night and day difference. It's ergonomic as well so it's a LOT more comfortable to hold.

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
People who throw their Wii-mote through their TV could have avoided doing so by simply wearing the strap.
Actually, I read in a news article that a lot of people had problems with the strap breaking shortly after launch. Apparently it wasn't strong enough and Nintendo actually replaced the straps with a stronger version.

Although I do agree that the broken TVs could have been avoided if people had been a little more careful. Slinging around a remote too violent is going to send it flying. That's just common sense.