• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii Free jackets for the Wii

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's a good idea. I think an even better idea is to simply use the wrist strap that comes with each Wii-mote.

People who throw their Wii-mote through their TV could have avoided doing so by simply wearing the strap.

Nonetheless, the grip jacket is a good idea too. I don't think Nintendo should give them away for free though. After all, there is nothing faulty about the Wii-mote setup. Just the fact that some people get a little too excited while playing.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was at GameStop the other day and I got to hold a Wii controller with the new jacket on it and I have to say it really works well. It's much easier to grip and it feels a lot better in general.

I always felt like I was holding a remote control when playing the Wii before. With these jackets it is a night and day difference. It's ergonomic as well so it's a LOT more comfortable to hold.

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
People who throw their Wii-mote through their TV could have avoided doing so by simply wearing the strap.
Actually, I read in a news article that a lot of people had problems with the strap breaking shortly after launch. Apparently it wasn't strong enough and Nintendo actually replaced the straps with a stronger version.

Although I do agree that the broken TVs could have been avoided if people had been a little more careful. Slinging around a remote too violent is going to send it flying. That's just common sense.