Free Agents

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Forbidden, May 30, 2006.

1. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Just wanted to track some of the top free agents here. So far there's Samsonov, Elias, Bertuzzi, Jovanovski, and a lot of others on the free agent table for this year. Being a Pens fan, I don't think we'll be able to reel in any of these high priced free agents but we'll see. If you guys know any more good free agents for this offseason be sure to post them here.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow that's a lot of free agents, I really doubt that Bertuzzi will resign with the Canucks and hopefully he'll becoming to Montreal baby, since Koivu seems not to be healing quickly we'll need another center.

3. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

I thought Bertuzzi was a wing but oh well. Really any big money free agents the Pens can get will do them a lot of good right now.

4. Panic

Panic Guest

LOL You're kidding right? Look at all the free agents they managed to lure last off-season. Palffy, Recchi, Gonchar... They traded one, another one retired and look...still no playoffs for the Penguins. They even lost Lemieux as a player and as a GM.

5. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Alright so I guess one season means everything, my mistake.

By the way, Ray Shero, the Pens new GM was talking about this issue, and he said that he didn't think one of the main people to sign was the big money free agents, he said he'd rather get some up and coming players instead. So I doubt we'll be putting a lot of money out for players like Elias this off-season.

6. Panic

Panic Guest

Mmmmm... Did he point out anyway names in particular?

7. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Nobody specifically, Just big money players in general I guess.