Free agents watch

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, May 18, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There’s a lot of big name free agents on the market this summer, but the bigger three are Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James.

Wade as said that he would like to stay in Miami, but he would also like to get more pieces around him. Bosh as pretty much said that he doesn’t want to be in Toronto anymore. A lot of speculations are that the Raptors will do a sign in trade him Bosh. Then you have King James, obviously a lot of teams will be gunning for James this off-season. Early reports have shown that he might to New York and try to lead them to a Championship.

Only time will tell. But I’d like to keep this thread going and see where these top notch players end up. Hopefully I can get some good discussion from other members.

We can also talk about other possible free agents in this thread, Dirk might opt out of his final year and become a free agent. They were also speculations that Amare was on his way out of Phoenix, but a strong playoff run might change that.

2. Babe_Ruth

July 1st is coming up this Thursday. Lots of rumors going around now about who's going to sign where an such. Couple of rumors that I read this weekend had LeBron James and Chris Bosh both going to the Bulls, but than another rumor had Chris Bosh signing with the Heat.

Can't wait to see where these top notch players end up going.

3. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Can you imagine Bosh, Jame and Wade in Chicago along with Noah and Derrick Rose? Unstoppable...that's what it would be.

Make it happen Bulls...somehow, someway.

4. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

It would never happen. Bosh wants to be the star and he believes Wade or Lebron would be his side kick. Would never happen. I don't believe Bosh will take anything lower then a max contract. Lebron and Wade together would be another Jordan/Pippen type deal, and if that would be in Chicago, which I hope it isn't (coming from a Bulls fan), it would be another 6-ring, possibly in less years then 8. (IMO, Jordan would have 8 in 8 if he hadn't retired.

5. Babe_Ruth

Sorry Bob, but you are wrong. Bosh knows that he can't lead a team by himself. He knows that if he signs with Wade or LeBron that he'll be the sidekick to one of them. At this point of his career Bosh wants to win a Championship.

Now the only way the Bulls can get those three players is if they do a sign and trade for Bosh. Right now the Bulls can only offer two max deals. So it should be interesting to see what happens in the next few days with these players.

6. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Sorry BR, but you're wrong. He already stated it wouldn't work out if they'd all get together. He knows he won't be the star, and that's what he wants.

I'd take Boozer or Amar'e over him anyways.

7. Babe_Ruth

Care to source where he's said that? All Bosh as said is that he doesn't see it happening. Bosh never said that he wants to be a leader of a team, all he wants is a championship. If there's the oppurtunity for all these three players to play together I don't believe he'd refused.

Bosh is a better player than Boozer and Amare. You can make an argument that Amare is better, but I believe he had a lot of help from Nash. If he doesn't have a point guard like him next season then his numbers will decline a bit.

It's not even an argument on who's better between Boozer and Bosh. Bosh wins hands down.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  8. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Nothing but rumors these past few days. It's really getting old.

Maybe if I were an owner, I'd try to sign some of the second tier free agents while everyone is fighting over 3 people. Places like Dallas and Boston should focus on resigning their franchise players and grab a solid free agent afterwards (like Boozer, Lee, or Amare). In my opinion, going after Wade, James, and Bosh is pointless because they already know what they want and they're just being nice and going around and listening to all the teams. They're just giving ESPN stories to write about.

Also I think it's ridiculous how Atlanta is offering Johnson so much money after he's proved year after year that he disappears once the playoffs start. You really think a max contract is going motivate him? :shake:

10. Babe_Ruth

Well Oxy, no one can officially sign till July 8, so why not listen to the offers of all the teams that can afford you?

Pierce as supposedly accepted four year extension already, so I doubt he's leaving the Celtics. Now I'm not to sure what the Mavs want to do with Nowitzky. I'm sure they'll offer him a good contract.

I'm surprised we haven't heard about David Lee yet, I know his stats were inflated by playing on a weak team like the Knicks, but he does everything on the court.

Here's a list of free agents that have "agreed" to sign with a team, and who are the others that are still free agents.

2010 Sortable NBA Free Agent Tracker