Free Agents Now Calling Boston

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Boston Herald -
    In a rather amazing turn of events, Boston has suddenly become a desirable city for NBA free agents. Agents for legitimate veteran players were actually calling the Celtics yesterday, looking to place their clients in Boston as news of Kevin Garnett’s arrival spilled out further.

Presently, agents and league sources confirm that the Celts are looking at four point guards and five big men as they try to find the right players to support their talented trio.

Eddie House, Troy Hudson, Brevin Knight and Charlie Bell are reportedly on the point guard list. Bell is a restricted free agent, which makes his situation a little different (Milwaukee can match any offer he gets). Hudson had his contract bought out by the Timberwolves yesterday, making him a free agent. And while the C’s were previously steering away from Knight because of alleged locker room issues, a source said, “Hey, just about everyone that’s out there now has (a few) spots.”

As for big men, Doc Rivers said the Celts are “very interested” in Dikembe Mutombo as a backup center, while P.J. Brown, Michael Ruffin, Calvin Booth and Scot Pollard are also under consideration.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47416/20070801/free_agents_now_calling_boston/

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

It's funny how when you get a couple big names players , Everybody wants to play on your team. Boston got some big picks to make for themselves now.

3. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

If they can gets some of these names on their team, i'll admit that they are the team to beat in the East.

4. zunami

zunami Registered Member

Well if they want to go to Boston they better not care too much about money because as I understand it Boston has very little of it to offer due to being the only team with 3 superstars.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Celtics have 10 million dollars left on there cap. Ainge mentioned yesterday in the Press Conference that he's not done, he knows that the Big Three needs to get some help, so I am sure that he's going to sign a few players to help these stars. But I agree it's funny how these players are now interested to play with the Celtics since Garnett signed with Boston.

6. zunami

zunami Registered Member

10 M for 6 players is a very bad budget. Brevin Knight is the best player they can get. P.J. won't want to go there if PHX and Dallas are his other options.

7. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

I don't know about that one now. Anytime you get the chance to play with a team like the Celtics that are coming up on a good year buy the looks of things its hard to pass it up.

8. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

As some of you might already know the Boston Celtics brought in two Free Agents to fill up some empty roster spots. Those two players are Eddie House and Jackie Manuel. I have a lot of problems seeing Eddie House adapting his game for this team. He loves to shoot the ball everytime it's in is hands, and now with the Big 3 in Beantown he won't be able to do so. I remember Jackie Manuel from is days in North Carolina. He can score a bit but he's a monster on the defensive side, so I'm sure that's why they signed him. Plus the fact he's cheap doesn't hurt either.