Free Agent signing day

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Looks like Tampa seems be the front runner to land Karlsson now.

But I wonder who'd be going to Ottawa though. I'm assuming the Sens would ask for Brayden Point for sure, maybe Sergachev as well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's not willing to sale. He wants to make sure he gets full value for his team. The only way that's going to happen is if they move closer to the downtown core in Ottawa, and they start winning again. I do not see them winning for at least three years, and you never know about building a new arena in Ottawa.

Dorion and management are pretty dumb, however, I'm sure they know that Karlsson, when healthy, is top five player in the NHL. He's going to want a lot.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I know that I vent a lot about Habs management are doing (or not doing) on Twitter but I feel so pained for Sens fans who'll have it much harder than us in the long term because of Melnyk's antics and Pierre Dorion. I don't think we can stress enough how important Bryan Murray was to that organization as he was the true leader at the helm of that team.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I’m loving every minute of them making all these moves. Goes to show you that there are about only 10,000 real Sens fans - the others are just bandwagon fans because that’s the “cool” thing to do.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I’m loving every minute of them making all these moves. Goes to show you that there are about only 10,000 real Sens fans - the others are just bandwagon fans because that’s the “cool” thing to do.
I think that's normal for any city who hasn't had a team for that long...or as long as teams like Toronto or Montreal. Actually, it's normal in basically every city. You come when the team wins. Fans in St Louis are nuts for the Cardinals but in the 70s? Nobody was coming to Busch Stadium, we sucked so nobody came.

Patrick Maroon, native St Louisian, might be signing with us. That's pretty cool.