Free Agent signing day

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Today is July 1st and hockey free agents can now sign with new/exciting teams. The biggest free agent right now is John Tavaras and there is a lot of rumours that he will be signing with the Leafs. As a Habs fan, I don’t hate the Leafs like most, however, I would hate it if the Leafs got him.

On the Hans front, I’m sure they will make a pitch at Paul Stantsy.

Let’s discuss what happens today.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tavares to Toronto...holy fucking shit. Glad they're in the East.

Blues added David Perron (afuckinggain), Tyler Bozak and Chad Johnson. Lost Brodziak and Hutton. NOt overly exciting day for us but eh, its something

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cannot believe it. And it was a great deal for them. He’s only going to make $11M a season, for seven years. They now have Tavaras and Matthews - two of the best centres in the NHL. Sigh.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh snap, added Ryan O'Reilly last night. Huge trade. We gave up ALOT...two high picks and prospect Tage Thompson, however, Doug Armstrong found someone to take Patrik Berglund AND Vladdy Sobotka??? hahah thanks Buffalo!

How the fuck he was able to trade those two clowns (and Lehtera last year) is mind boggling.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seems like every Blues fan is pretty excited about the trade. Do you know anything about Tage Thompson, @Millz ? Does he have a chance to be a star?

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seems like every Blues fan is pretty excited about the trade. Do you know anything about Tage Thompson, @Millz ? Does he have a chance to be a star?
He's a pretty decent prospect...but last year? Yikes. He wasn't good.

He was kinda thrusted into a role and he might not have been ready. He took a lot...and I mean a lot...of plays off and looked a bit lazy. But again, it was his first year so I think he's still gotta chance to have a big role. Buffalo should be still happy to have him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Looks like James Neal is headed to Calgary. I'll admit I didn't see that one coming.
That is a big blow to the Golden Knights. Neal is still a capable goal scorer, but they will also miss his leadership. Great get for the Calgary Flames. I love how it was Mike Commodore who broke this signing before all the top guys like McKenzie, Dreger, Friedman, LeBrun,

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I wonder if the Knights won't be the team to land Erik Karlsson. I don't know their current situation at the D-line but for me, that'd be the best player to get to possibly ensure a lengthy playoff run against next season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Apparently, they are one of the front runners. That said, any Karlsson deal will need to involve Bobby Ryan.

I would imagine that the Senators would want a big return. So, you would have to imagine prospects like Glass, Suzuki and Brannstrom would be sought out by the Senators. Should be interesting to follow. No way he starts the season in Ottawa.