• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Free Agent Frenzy official thread.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Today is the day NHL free agents can sign with teams. This is a pretty huge thing Canada.

Discuss all signings in this thread.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Looking forward to hear some big names finding new teams. I doubt montreal will be all that active but I would like them to make a run at Iginla.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It would be nice if St Louis could land St Louisian, Paul Stastny. I am not sure though...he's gonna cost a lot.

Jason Spezza would be a nice consolation prize, however.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Murray is asking a lot for Spezza which is why he hasn't been traded yet.

If the Blues trade Tarasenko or Schwartz for Spezza then that would be stupid and I would be pissed.

willge87

Registered Member
I'm expecting Nonis to do something stupid. Boyle would be nice, however, it's a typical Leafs move: you sign a guy who while still descent is past his prime when he was very good. As you can tell I'm cynical with this bunch lately :lol:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bizzy said:
Murray is asking a lot for Spezza which is why he hasn't been traded yet.

If the Blues trade Tarasenko or Schwartz for Spezza then that would be stupid and I would be pissed.
There is no way in hell Armstrong is going to deal Tarasenko or Schwartz to land Spezza. Those are deal breakers. The Canucks wanted Oshie for Kesler...just not trades our GM can afford to make.

Now if Ottawa wanted a first, a prospect (not named Jaskin or Rattie) and Berglund for Spezza...okay...let's do that haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Speaking of Spezza he's been traded to the stars.

@SunGarrioch: Jason Spezza has been dealt to the Dallas Stars pending a trade call. Involves substantial prospects and avails cash for other trades. #Sens
Glad that we won't be hearing him or seeing him in Ottawa all that often.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
“@TSNBobMcKenzie: DAL trades Alec Chiasson, Alex Guptill, Nicholas Paul and 2nd round pick in 2015 to OTT for Jason Spezza and Ludvig Karlsson. #TSN”

Full details of the trade! Not sure how good these prospects are.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Why did it have to be Dallas? In the Blues division haha. Of course could be worse...coulda been Chicago.

The only name on there that I know of is Alex Chiasson and he appears to be legit. Only 23 and scored 13 goals last year.

willge87

Registered Member
Apparently not the best return for him, but Murray had warned that "you can't win the Spezza trade" whatever that means.

Two summers in a row the Senators lose what were considered "rocks" of the franchise.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Hockey 16
AmericanMusic Baseball 5
TheRealVJ Baseball 2
Babe_Ruth Hockey 11
A Hockey 9