• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

FREAKIN belly fat!!!

jdndfw

Registered Member
I have been carrying around this little gut of mine for 30 years. I have tried running, crunches, diets, aerobics, and sadly i even tried drugs for a couple of years.. nothing has worked.. no matter how fit i get I still have the belly fat. what the hell am I missing here?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Have you tried cutting down on your beer intake? :lol:

Seriously though, I find it hard to believe that you really tried (and stuck with) exercise and diets and it didn't work. You need to constantly work on it if it's a problem area for you.

I use (have used) this little thing from NordicTrack. It's cheap, small and works wonders for the stomach and arms.

jdndfw

Registered Member
I can't say I stuck with everyone of them but the last attempt was pretty constant. running and weight training 3-5 times a week depending on my schedule. i stuck with it for 6 months and though i did see a definite change in my body i was discouraged by the remaining belly fat. I used to have the trak and though it did strengthen my core efficiently i guess i didn't see the results i wanted.

Wade8813

Registered Member
For different people, different areas of the body tend to burn off fat sooner than others. IIRC, men tend to put on fat around the waist first, so it would make sense to me that we would burn it off there last.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Maybe read up on core work? On my power walks (3 or 4 miles) I do periods of holding my core completely still. I actually can feel my "fat" jiggle as I walk. I bought Reebok walking shoes that are for butt and thighs but also for the core. Now that I've done this routine for 1 year, I can see a big difference in all of my torso. About 6 months ago I added on wrist weights. Along with arm work I can apply movements that continue to strengthen my core. Of course 90 situps twice a week help a lot too. :cute:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
If you're exercising regularly, then your problem may be with the foods you eat instead of activity. Sure, you can pump up your abs and define the muscles, but you still need to get that layer of fat off so that you can actually see it.

I would try eating healthy. Not a fad diet or anything like that, but consciously making decisions to eat whole grains, non fatty protein, fruits, veggies. Try to eat several small meals a day, instead of 2 or 3 big ones.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
My father's side of the family has belly problems and my brother was in good shape when he started living healthier. He just wanted to get rid of the gut. Nothing worked so he tried Hydroxycut and in two months of diet, proper dosage of Hydroxycut, and exercise, he had washboard abs. But as someone said already, everyone's health is different.

I also hear a lot of great things about P90X.

hezekiah

Registered Member
The Japanese include a lot of sea food in their diet which helps keep then slimmer then most westerners. Try Natto - fermented soya beans, Wakame - edible sea weed and Miso soup.
Also Rice and fish for breakfast. Sit ups can actuallly push fat furthur out if you already have a gut.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
A little belly fat is fine, do you honestly want to lose it after it being a part of you for 30 years? I personally think I would miss it. Who will keep you warm in the winter without a little bit of belly fat?

BigBob

Registered Member
A little belly fat is fine, do you honestly want to lose it after it being a part of you for 30 years? I personally think I would miss it. Who will keep you warm in the winter without a little bit of belly fat?
If he gets a boyfriend, he could keep him warm in the winter :nod:

But like everyone has said already, it is different for everyone.. but you have to keep with it for every day, at least 5 days a week. Like Cons said, you can use things like Hydroxycut, but you still have to work out.. people think they can take diet pills (not saying you) and can just sit there and do nothing.

That thing CG posted, the NordicTrack, is hard at first. You should definitely try that out for a couple of months and it'll also had muscle to your arms.