Francisco Cordero Now A Red

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by DirtDog, Nov 23, 2007.

1. DirtDog

DirtDog Guest

This should really help the Reds!!

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/11/francisco-corde.html

Ken Rosenthal reports that the Reds have come to an agreement with Francisco Cordero. The terms: four years and $46 million, with a $11 million club option for 2012. It's still pending a physical. Rosenthal points out that this is the largest four-year deal ever given to a closer.
    The Brewers had offered four years at $42 million. There was no mention of whether Cordero gave them a chance to match the Reds offer.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Reds gain Brewers lost, Cordero has been a proven closer in recent years and he's going to be a great addition to the Reds, but they need to get some good starting pitchers, because he won't be used a lot if they loose tons of games like they've done in recent years.

3. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Great pickup for the Reds. They have needed a closer for sometime now. He'll help them out a lot.

Bad for the Brewers though. He was very good for them now they'll have to get a new closer or try Turnbow again.

4. DirtDog

DirtDog Guest

Jr. has gotta love it..

5. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Come on Milwaukee...how can you let this guy go? You cannot use TurnBLOW as your closer. THey will not compete next year if they do.

As much as I hate the Reds and regardless of how stupid and moronic I think their General Manager is, this is an excellent sign by them. Just what they needed.

6. DirtDog

DirtDog Guest

How about this for the brew crew.........

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/28615

It will be surprising if the Twins don't trade closer Joe Nathan, perhaps to the Milwaukee Brewers, in the coming weeks.
    St. Paul Pioneer Press

7. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Getting Joe Nathan would be unbelievable and should cost them a ton in return. Nathan is one of the most talented and consistenst closers in all of baseball