• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

France Celebrates Muslim Hero

Sim

Registered Member
France has now officially honored Lassana Bathily, a Mali-born Muslim who saved the lifes of several people in the attack by islamists.

French Prime Minister Valls called him "a hero" and gave him French citizenship:

BBC News - France attacks: 'Hero' Lassana Bathily gets citizenship

"People say I'm a hero but I'm not a hero. I'm Lassana," he said at the ceremony."I'll stay the same. I would do the same again, because I was following my heart."
French Prime Minister Manuel Valls and Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve spoke at the citizenship event, thanking him for his bravery.
Mr Bathily has lived in France for the past nine years and applied for citizenship last year.

Meanwhile, Paris officials say they plan to sue US channel Fox News for a broadcast saying there were "no-go zones" in the French capital for non-Muslims.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
They needed a Muslim hero in France after what happened. So Im not surprised. It was only one dude but they probaly will create a huge PR campaign with that to counter Islamophobia.

Sim

Registered Member
They needed a Muslim hero in France after what happened. So Im not surprised. It was only one dude but they probaly will create a huge PR campaign with that to counter Islamophobia.
WHat is this stupid conspiracy blather supposed to mean? If you have something to say, say it directly.

Was the guy in question Muslim, or was he not? And if he was, you would be dishonest and partisan if you ignored it, just because you don't want him to be.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its great they gave this guy citizenship for what he did, he did risk his life. Even being a Muslim if other Muslims thought he was helping a Jew or someone of another faith they would have shot him too. So yes he was brave.

Europe has really been rounding up suspected terrorists lately. I'm thinking now since Charlie Hebdo they will take these home grown terrorists more seriously.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
WHat is this stupid conspiracy blather supposed to mean? If you have something to say, say it directly.

Was the guy in question Muslim, or was he not? And if he was, you would be dishonest and partisan if you ignored it, just because you don't want him to be.
Not conspiracy - just a logical response. There has been a lot of Islamophobia in Europe since the Charlie Hebdo attack and the French government and the French journalists know this. The heroic deed will help to slow it down.

And who said I didnt want a Muslim to be a hero? Theres probaly lots of Muslim heroes out there. This one will get the citizenship he deserves and his deed will help shift the focus.
I totally do salute the Muslim hero BUT you cant ignore that all the PR will be helpful in France and everywhere else in Europe.
Btw I always say directly exactly what I mean. Ask Hilander. I never hide anything.