• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo 64 Framing My N64 Game Boxes

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm doing some nerdy decorating and had the idea to frame some of my old Nintendo 64 game boxes. I unfolded all the boxes when I originally got each game and have saved them in mint condition ever since. For now here's what I have.

If you're going to try this, it's important to keep the box 100% intact. If you cut it, you'll ruin the collector value. I simply flattened my boxes along the built in folds without altering them at all.

Then I bought some 8x10 frames with 5x7 mattes built in to test a few styles. You'll notice the built in 5x7 mattes didn't quite show the whole box.

Today I went and had a custom double matte cut (using the more expensive acid-free material). Black for the inner most matte, and white for the outside one. Here's how that looks. Still debating whether or not I like the stark contrast or not.

I'll post some more pictures as I get further on in the project. I'll probably frame 4 or 5 or so of the more classic games I have. I'll eventually have UV filtered glass put in all of these frames too so the images don't fade over the years.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
Holy crap. You're nerdier than I am. :lol:

Those all look fantastic. UV filtered glass is also a really good idea.

Needless to say, I want that DK64 framed box, haha.

How did you come up with this idea?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had a few extra frames lying around and was looking around my place for things I could put in them. I stumbled across my collection of N64 boxes and thought I'd try some, only to realize they actually looked quite nice framed. A piece of childhood nostalgia for my office. :)

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
That's a really cool idea Mirage. Very nerdy, but cool. Do you think they might be worth something in future? Where are you planning to put them up in the house?

Bliss

Sally Twit
I am sure there are lots of people who would want to buy those and put them up around their home. It's not something I'd choose to do myself, but I know it would appeal to many people.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think those look great and may be a little nerdy but it works. I probably wouldn't do it but only because it would look out of place with my decor.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I'll be hanging them in my office along with some movie posters, not in my living room or anything too public. Thy definitely don't fit my decor there either.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think they will go well in your office with the movie posters. If I had an office that would be the place I would want something like that. Gives you something interesting to look at. Might even help break the ice with someone you are having a meeting with.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I personally prefer the ones with the black inner matte. You should share the others once you've done them as well. And I think the study is a good place for this collection.

dDave

V.I.P.
All of the frames look good in their own ways. I think I like the one with the black border the most. The one with the double white matte looks pretty good as well.

I can hardly think of a better way to decorate your office :)