• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fracture - bone healing issues

praveenkumarpon

Registered Member
Remember that accident I had months ago and broke my clavicle :D?
Well, I went to my doc for routine check up and the other broken piece of the clavicle had moved down slightly :shocked: and there is growth from the top and lower pieces and its going to form a lump upon new bone formation :sigh:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
If that's the case, poor surgery effort then. Because they are meant to patch it up. I broke my clavicle couple of years ago and they had to put plates in to hold it because it won't heal by itself.

praveenkumarpon

Registered Member
By surgery the lump at the crack site could be broken and normal shape could be restored using plates. But since the bone lump thats under formation is not going to affect the function and its not visually disturbing on the outside, surgery is not needed and doc said that its better to let it to heal normally.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know someone that broke his arm when he was in high school and now that he is older it is bothering him again. He told me that arthritis seems to get started in old breaks easy. I broke my nose one time, at least I think I did, didn't go to the doctor. Got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, don't think I opened my eyes and ran into the door edge. It took a long time for it to stop bothering me, about three months.

praveenkumarpon

Registered Member
It could take a while to get this issue fixed naturally, but the thing that bothers me is that my semester holidays are almost over and I am not sure how I am going to deal with all the college stuff with my 1.5 hands :(