• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

    Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

FPS's - Hip or Sight?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have been playing MW3 again using the AK47 which I rarely used previously. Whilst playing with it I found that unlike other weapons shooting from the hip with "kick" was actually easier than using a sight, it seemed to allow me more focus and easier to use in general.

I don't think this will stop me using sight shooting in other games but what do you find is better? Do you prefer to fire from the hip or using the sights?
 

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Depends on the situation, really. If I'm firing at someone at some kind of range closer than a few feet, then I'll go for the scope. Anything too close for comfort, then I fire from the hip.
 

Konshentz

Konshentz
Depends on the situation, really. If I'm firing at someone at some kind of range closer than a few feet, then I'll go for the scope. Anything too close for comfort, then I fire from the hip.
This.

I find myself killing from a distance through the sights more often. If someone is close enough to hip fire, I usually go for the knife.
 

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Shotgun I always hip fire with. Its faster that way lol. Otherwise, I either aim down the sights to kill someone farther away, or I just knife if they get too close, or die lol.
 

Pixel

New Member
I've always been one for firing from the sights, even at extremely close ranges. Sometimes it gets me killed, but I'd prefer to nearly die and atleast hit the guy once and simple run around in a circle while shooting and dying.

It depends on you, to be honest.
 

BigBob

Registered Member
I do a mixture of both.

If the person is extremely far away that the only way to get a decent shot is to look down the sight, I will.

Anything where they're within decent range, I start firing from the hip and turn it into looking down the sight.
 

Impact

Well-Known Member
V.I.P.
I 90% of the time will fire down the sights...the other 10% of the time is when i'm consciously telling myself that I probably have a better chance of killing those closer dudes without going down the sights. It's just habit for me, and I revert back to it if i'm distracted by something else.
 
Top