• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fox news taking a hit

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree. I don't want it to seem like I'm defending Fox News, I'm not. I've got problems with them too, but I have problems with every news source. They ALL are biased. They ALL pick and choose what they show and don't show. They ALL render opinions and have guests that offer opinions that are out there. I just don't understand the fascination with Fox News. I don't understand the fascination with Rupert Murdoch while those same people ignore George Soros.

I would think those on the left would like that Fox News exists. After all, we keep being told they are tolerant and open minded, yet have no problem with the technically only news source that slants to the right. As a conservative, I wouldn't want every single network and cable news source, and almost every major newspaper to slant to the right. I would welcome a news source that gives me conflicting opinions and news. I would welcome news that gives me a different point of view. I also reject the logical fallacy of "look, this is false, therefore everything they report is false". By that "logic" Jayson Blair has rendered everything the New York Times as false, which is nonsense. I don't know, maybe it's just me, maybe I just like hearing different points of view, maybe I like my opinions to be challenged which is why I read Time and Newsweek and the NYT and watch CNN.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree. I don't want it to seem like I'm defending Fox News, I'm not. I've got problems with them too, but I have problems with every news source. They ALL are biased. They ALL pick and choose what they show and don't show. They ALL render opinions and have guests that offer opinions that are out there. I just don't understand the fascination with Fox News. I don't understand the fascination with Rupert Murdoch while those same people ignore George Soros.

I would think those on the left would like that Fox News exists. After all, we keep being told they are tolerant and open minded, yet have no problem with the technically only news source that slants to the right. As a conservative, I wouldn't want every single network and cable news source, and almost every major newspaper to slant to the right. I would welcome a news source that gives me conflicting opinions and news. I would welcome news that gives me a different point of view. I also reject the logical fallacy of "look, this is false, therefore everything they report is false". By that "logic" Jayson Blair has rendered everything the New York Times as false, which is nonsense. I don't know, maybe it's just me, maybe I just like hearing different points of view, maybe I like my opinions to be challenged which is why I read Time and Newsweek and the NYT and watch CNN.
I agree and usually watch CNN too, they seem to let people have their say and have people on from both sides. Can't stand MSNBC, to me they are just like Fox only they lean to the far left.

I just tried to watch the ED show because they brought up Ben Carson. Feel as ignorant of the man as I did before I watched that show. That is what I'm getting sick of. If the man does decide to run for president I would like to know what he said that everyone is so up in arms about. If they really have a reason to be hating on him.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I figure most folks have long since learned to take anything broadcast by Fox with a grain of salt. Did you check out the interviewer, she looks like she's preoccupied with a shiny object or something. :D Mind you most folks at Fox do. I think they're still on the air for no other reason than comic relief. :)

- Cham