• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games Fox News Defends Violent Games

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Watching this is absolutely hilarious.

Watch A Fox Reporter Demolish A Hackneyed Anti-Game Argument | Kotaku Australia

I don't watch stuff from Fox News often, but I have heard a lot of things about them not being great reporters in the past, so I was surprised to see how well-researched this was.

Here was have yet another old Christian pastor, gun-loving and video game hating. He's saying violent video games should be taxed, are the cause of all youth violence and anti-Christian. And the best part? He has no actual research or proof for any of his claims.

The presenter then comes in with actuals facts and research that basically tears apart everything he says. This was a joy to watch. It's good to see the media talking sense on this subject for once, instead of just blaming "video games" on violence as a way of avoiding the problems with gun culture.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Oh jesus! that's awesome. what cracks me up though is that I'm pretty sure they used to blame violent video games for perpetuating violence in society. but I have a shitty memory and could be totally wrong.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah I'm pretty sure they have one or two times in the past, but now this just spins everything around haha. You have to love it when actual facts and research come out on top over religious nonsense. What did that Christian guy say? "Just like the Romans...". Umm no, not quite man, but nice try.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I do not wish to bash the bishop (I know he is not a bishop but I wanted to get that pun in somewhere) but he seems to be rather out of touch and also I do not want to start a slagging match against Christianity. It is true that one rare occasions we have seen violence come from gaming, the kid who murdered his parents when they took his xbox away, the man who beat up a 12 year old because he was offended by something he said on xbox live but all these things come from a mind that is clearly not thinking straight to begin with.

Violence breeds violence, sick breeds sick but to say that all these things happened because of video games is insane, there are worse things out there - look at Shakespeare? How bad is that? Let's break it down at what it involves: murder, suicide, revenge killings, incest just to name a few, is that good for society?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
As the presenter pointed out, it's just people finding new things to blame for society's problems, in the 50's it was comic books, now they are seen as harmless and video games are in the spotlight, in the future it will be something else.