Foundation for a Better Life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pro2A, Jul 19, 2010.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I've been seeing these commercials on TV lately, and personally I don't think there is a better time or way to pass values on to people. In this day and age I think people really need to see and understand values like this. These commercials are either inspirational or about doing the right thing.

What do you think of them? Do you think they are effective?

Values.com | Pass it On TV Spots - Inspirational Stories - Good Character

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Interpretation is all that matters here. These things they're advertising are great in theory but we all interpret these things differently. Loyalty, opportunity, etc. Like I said, they look nice and noble but people don't need to be reminded of these things, they choose to be who they are.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I disagree. People do need to be reminded. It seems as though so many of us get caught up in ourselves and bettering our own lives that we forget to glance outside our personal bubble and reach out to those who we can help in some way.
    I love these commercials, and if they touch one person somewhere and influence them to reach out, then they have made someone's world that much better.:)

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Reminding people does nothing. We're all taught these things as kids, we know what they mean and how they work. Like I said, the problem is interpretation. It's a wonderful thought that just reminding people is enough but sadly, it's rarely the case.

5. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

Thank you for posting these, i have watched some and love them,, bookmarking it to watch more later:) I loved the one about patience, wet cement, and it made me realise i do have patience. Im always saying how impatient i am,, but that is in the context of waiting,, waiting for something or haveing to wait in a queueor to find out something. But the type of patince that ad was depicting, i do have:nod:
    I like the ads,, whether they are effective or not im unsure. Maybe they would have more effect on youngsters who are not so set in their ways yet.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Branding is such a wonderful form of advertising. If you see something often enough, it sticks with you. I think ads like these can make a difference in a persons thinking if they are shown often enough.

I guess I don't understand your thoughts in regards to these videos, Saffy. Are you saying that if a child learns selfishness that's all they know as an adult, there's no room for change?

7. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

That doesn't mean we should just give up. Everyone is gonna behave there own way anyway. But the values still end up being there. Just because they are interpreting it there own way doesn't matter they can still be morons about something. When you get down to it, the foundation of a value is the most common thing. If someone takes a value and twist it to suit their own agendas the building block of it is still there it's just the structure of the house has been messed with.

8. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

no ,, i think what i meant was it may not be as effective on an older person who is more set in their ways than it would on a younger person who may be more open to suggestion?
    Young people or children even seem to accept change easier in my opinion. Sorry i find it hard to explain exactly what i mean sometimes.
    Looked again at your question,, hmm i spose that could be possible. If a child is taught selfishness maybe as an adult it may be harder for them to change. I think a lot depends on the inborn character of a person too.

9. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I like these commercials and I think they're effective. I agree with Angels, it will change people's ways of thinking if shown often enough.