• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Found Money

Dabs

Registered Member
Have you ever come across money, that was probably yours anyway, but you had tucked it away, or put it up for safe keeping...or just maybe stuck it in a pocket and totally forgot about it??
Isn't it nice when you find it?!
I found a 20 dollar bill tucked in a special compartment in my purse....quite surprising, and nice :)

Hiei

The Hierophant
I don't think there's anything better than found money. It's not money that you were even accounting for, so for all intents and purposes, it's absolutely free to you again! When I find some found money, whether I found it in my washer, tucked into a book somewhere, or even just hidden under my bed, I always spend it on something that I wouldn't normally buy if I didn't have that extra found money.

On a similar note, I used to hide joints in various spots just because of an occasion like this. Nothing quite like having a hidden stash somewhere. :lol:

Dabs

Registered Member
I don't think there's anything better than found money. It's not money that you were even accounting for, so for all intents and purposes, it's absolutely free to you again! When I find some found money, whether I found it in my washer, tucked into a book somewhere, or even just hidden under my bed, I always spend it on something that I wouldn't normally buy if I didn't have that extra found money.

On a similar note, I used to hide joints in various spots just because of an occasion like this. Nothing quite like having a hidden stash somewhere. :lol:
I absolutely agree with this!
It's a law I think, isn't it??.....when you find money you forgot about, or stumbled upon....you have to spend it frivolously ~LoL~

Hiei

The Hierophant
I'm pretty sure that it IS the law. And if it isn't, I don't know what kind of commie bastard WOULDN'T spend that money like it's going out of style, too! It always tends to burn such a hole in my pocket.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
When you find money on a street, how can you give it back to the owner when you don't really know who's the owner??
Over here we don't have institutions where we can leave the found-money so in this case I take the money for me and spend it on whatever thing that I want.

Simple enough.

Hiei

The Hierophant
When you find money on a street, how can you give it back to the owner when you don't really know who's the owner??
Over here we don't have institutions where we can leave the found-money so in this case I take the money for me and spend it on whatever thing that I want.

Simple enough.

We're not really talking about money that you found in the street. We're talking about money that was probably yours to begin with, except you just lost track of it somewhere along the line. You'd know that if you read more than just the title of this thread. :)

Also, I don't think that I'd turn in any amount of money if I found it on the street. And I get the feeling that any institution that I took the money to out here would probably laugh at me as they pocket the money anyway.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
We're not really talking about money that you found in the street. We're talking about money that was probably yours to begin with, except you just lost track of it somewhere along the line. You'd know that if you read more than just the title of this thread. :)

You caught me!! :shifteyes:

I read only the title and the quarter of the first sentence [Have you ever come across money..] and I assumed it was about money found on the street.

Anyway, to answer the real question, this happens to me a lot. When I change my purse, I always forget about the money I leave there and start wondering where I actually left it. But this doesn't happen only with the money, it happens with everything [wallets, chewing gums, tissue papers, lipsticks...].
When I come across the found money I feel relieved for not losing it.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I found a $20 bill in the parking of lot of Chick Fil A a few weeks ago and I went and bought a dvd with it.

Dabs

Registered Member
I found a $20 bill in the parking of lot of Chick Fil A a few weeks ago and I went and bought a dvd with it.

Perfect....there you go!
You spent it frivolously, which is exactly what should be done....good job :)
I found a $20 bill on the floor of a gas station once.....I thought about looking around and seeing who was in the place and checking to see if they had dropped it, but then thought...hell, everyone might up and say "yep, it's mine"...so I kept it!