Forum Interface

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Spogg, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Spogg

Spogg Registered Member

Hello,

Only joined today, so far quite impressed with the volume of traffic. Something must be working well here.

Just a little observation, I find the forum itself quite "cluttered" which makes it look a little untidy. I feel there is professionalism here by looking around the forum, reading admin responses and posts. It's brilliant, keep it up.

Before anybody mentions ADS, I am not referring to that whatsoever. There is probably too much information being thrown in our faces maybe?

Let me know what other people think...

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

What do you mean "too much information"? It is a big forum and it grows each day. If you're referring to ads well those will disappear if you go VIP.

;)

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

What do you mean by cluttered?

You didn't exactly specify except "not ads"

What information is unnecessary that's being thrown at us?

I tend to use almost everything we're given here in one way or another.

Side note: There are a lot of things you can turn off on your UserCP (MyGF) such as signature images, text, avatars, and I'm not sure if newer members can use the condensed post format.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  4. Spogg

Spogg Registered Member

The forum stats at the bottom of each page for example, people logged in since the past 24 hours. Is that really necessary? All that space taken up?

Ok, maybe the ads have been over done, I didn't see the ads in between posts. It makes it look very uninviting, I'm just thinking on terms for new members. I understand the revenue side to it... but there are limits too.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I've never seen the ads between posts.

Then again, I've never been a regular member. Don't some adds go away when you're premium? I know they're gone completely for VIP.

6. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I think once you hit 500 posts, things get better. But even once you hit 25 posts, there are some things you can turn off. Also, most of those stats things are on the MAIN main forum page. If you just bookmark the /forums url, then you skip all those clutter like things. There is a lot on the pages, but once you've been here a couple weeks, you tend to only notice the stuff you use.

7. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I don't think they are gone completely for VIP. But I will say that if you get Firefox adblocker or something similar for your browser, they are all gone.