Forum Glitches

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by ExpectantlyIronic, Sep 3, 2009.

1. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I've had the mysterious invisible post problem happen to me lately: the one where your post only shows up after someone else posts. Also, I've seen the "database error" screen a couple of times today. I'm not really that bothered by these things, but I figured I'd bring it up anyways.

Edit: Ha! I saw the "Database Error" screen when I posted this. :)

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Hybrix is definitely tinkering behind the curtains.

Or at least, I hope.

3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I've seen a screen that comes up every time I post saying that it will direct me back to my post shortly. That hardly ever happens, but it's done that several times today.

I hope he's coding something good.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm still wondering why one of the posts I made in the NFL forum shows up when I click in the thread but its not there when I view the thread...

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's just a database glitch. I think it's sorted out by now but let's keep our fingers crossed. It was happening yesterday as well. :shake:

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

The one thats been happening to me alot is the mystical 2 pager. Where there are 2 pages of posts, but I cant access the 2nd page until its accumulated another post.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Really? I Haven't seen that one for over a year now it seems. If you see it then post the links to those threads in here and I'll take a look.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

The most recent one was in the "cringeworthy moments" thread in General Movie talk. However I also had the same thing happen to a thread in the NFL section about the whole Brandon Marshall thing.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I get that often but I remember Babe started a thread about it before and it happens more often in certain forums and if you use the quick reply function. Basically, it's been there a long time and seems unrelated to dbase errors.

I had that too the other day. I had to click on "Reply" so I can see the rest of the thread discussion in the history.

I'll just link the url here, Hyb, next time I see it again.

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

There's something really weird going on with this thread: http://www.generalforum.com/general-discussion/lost-found-63128.html#post699397

It says there's 2 pages but when I click the second it just redirects back to the OP, so I made a new post thinking I'd be able to see it and delete it but I still can't get to that second page haha. If any mods read this can you delete it for me s'il vous plait. [so basically, same problem as Ice but I still can't see the 2nd page even after making a new post there]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009