Fortune Tellers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nixola, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Do you believe that fotune tellers can actually predict your future?

Have you ever been to a fortune teller? If not, would you?

Would you be scared of what they might tell you?

2. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

(1) No, if there are any psychics in the world they're not doing that.

(2) Yes I'd love to go, it would be fun!

(3) No. See answer one. ;)

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Eh, I dunno. That's one of the areas where I wouldn't like to make judgements because I really have no clue. I do know that a LOT of it is complete and utter BS. There's all kinds of tricks to make you believe it and lots of hard evidence for that, but maybe there really is something in amongst all that which is true and real.

No, I haven't. And I might go but I don't really feel the need to. It would probably just scare me. So that answers your third question.

As a side note, my nan has been to a fortune teller.. a long time ago. Specific things have come true for her so far. Now, she is just waiting for one of her grandchildren to become a doctor. Pressure much? :shifteyes:

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't believe in "fortune telling" as in predicting the future, no. I would go to a psychic, though. I believe that true psychics are people who are more in tune with the world around them, both the physical and the spiritual realm, and it would be good to get some insight from someone like that.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I believe some can.

I don't really call it a fortune teller. I've consulted psychics. We talked mostly about the spiritual world, aura, and other vibrations to assist me in my situation, as opposed to "what is my future like" type of consultation. I'm not scared what they might tell me but there's a couple of things revealed to me that was scary (after the fact ha).

6. fractal

fractal Eye see what you did ther

I don't believe in that. See Cold Reading.

7. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Those who are the real thing. During biblical times, there were such people who were able to connect to the spiritual world and talk to the deceased. I doubt though very much that there are any genuine psychics out there these days.

No, and no, because it is against my religion.

Would you be scared of what they might tell you?
    If they were the genuine ones then yes, I would be scared, I think it's not a good idea to know what the future holds for you, though the idea is tempting nonetheless.

8. XKelvinz

XKelvinz Registered Member

A. I don't "believe" in them but that's not to say it's not possible.
    B. I have never been to one.
    C. It would be tons of fun! I never really considered it before but it would be great for like parties! :lol:

D. I think anyone making money at, like, a carnival is likely phony. And I think it's very possible that people can make predictions come true if they really believe something is going to happen. :shifteyes:

9. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't believe in F.T. I just think they are boring and if someone happens to "buy" what they say, then good for the money they earn.

I've been to a few fortune tellers out of curiosity.

Yes. Even if I don't believe them, I'm afraid they might tell me something bad and I know I'll think about it from then on.

10. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

No!.......don't think I ever will!

No! The idea doesn't even appeal to my interest, so, no.....I wouldn't go to a fortune teller.