• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fortune and Immortal

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Ric Flair and Fortune are currently allied with Hulk Hogan and Immortal, and are the power in TNA right now.

How do you think the future will play out between the two groups? Will their alliance stay strong until the end of both groups? Will power trips lead to a falling out and feud? If so, will it be a heel/heel feud?

Also, what do you think of the joining of these two stables? Is it just too much, or do you enjoy seeing such a huge stable merger (kind of like the Corporate Ministry in some ways, just on a smaller scale)?

Discussify. :lol:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Ric Flair and Fortune are currently allied with Hulk Hogan and Immortal, and are the power in TNA right now.

How do you think the future will play out between the two groups? Will their alliance stay strong until the end of both groups? Will power trips lead to a falling out and feud? If so, will it be a heel/heel feud?

Also, what do you think of the joining of these two stables? Is it just too much, or do you enjoy seeing such a huge stable merger (kind of like the Corporate Ministry in some ways, just on a smaller scale)?

Discussify. :lol:
The future of this power stable will hopefully be Fortune turning on Hogan/Bishoff/Jarrett/and Hardy. I don't see Flair sharing the limelight with Hogan for a while. I think if Fortune turns on them, they well definetly be baby faces going forward.

The combination of these 2 stables reminds me way to much of the NWO. I really don't like this angle at all and it has almost steered me away from watching TNA at all. It is a very stale angle and I don't like it. So hopefully Fortune will turn on them soon and make this angle interesting.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The future of this power stable will hopefully be Fortune turning on Hogan/Bishoff/Jarrett/and Hardy. I don't see Flair sharing the limelight with Hogan for a while. I think if Fortune turns on them, they well definetly be baby faces going forward.

The combination of these 2 stables reminds me way to much of the NWO. I really don't like this angle at all and it has almost steered me away from watching TNA at all. It is a very stale angle and I don't like it. So hopefully Fortune will turn on them soon and make this angle interesting.
Don't forget about "The Monster" Abyss! :lol:

I could definitely see Fortune being the faces if this were to go down...If it were to happen, I'd rather see another couple of heels in Immortal; it would be the heel group, especially with how much they're behind Hardy as "The Antichrist of Professional Wrestling."

It reminds me a little of the nWo, and I love that.

I don't see how a surprise heel turn of one of the most loved performers in the business can be stale, though. It's only been in place for a month, and the group is looking to grow from what Hogan/Bisch are saying. To me it's the most exciting thing going in wrestling at the moment...I love The Nexus (if we're just talking factions), but they're the ones that had been a little stale to me...now if Cena joins at the next PPV, I'll be telling a different story.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I forgot about Abyss, "The Giant Mick Foley". :lol: I liked Fortune before they aligned themselves to Immortal. I was never a big NWO fan, but Jeff Hardy has been a heel before, so this is nothing new for me seeing him as a heel. There is no doubt that he will be great.

Apparantely I am not the only one that thinks that this angle is getting stale. TNA loses fans during the show. There highest rating is at the begining of the show, and there ratings decline as the show goes on. There highest rating show was the Impact after Bound for Glory and it has been downhill ever since. Jeff Hardy is good, but did not have the impact as Hogan or Austin had. We have seen this angle in some form and fashion before, and all this is, is a giant repeat.

I agree that the Nexus angle is getting stale, but I believe things will pick up after SS when Cena turns. That will be great TV, and Nexus will once again be the best faction in wrestling. Also it will be fun to see Cena's heat with his 5 year old fans.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I forgot about Abyss, "The Giant Mick Foley". :lol: I liked Fortune before they aligned themselves to Immortal. I was never a big NWO fan, but Jeff Hardy has been a heel before, so this is nothing new for me seeing him as a heel. There is no doubt that he will be great.

Apparantely I am not the only one that thinks that this angle is getting stale. TNA loses fans during the show. There highest rating is at the begining of the show, and there ratings decline as the show goes on. There highest rating show was the Impact after Bound for Glory and it has been downhill ever since. Jeff Hardy is good, but did not have the impact as Hogan or Austin had. We have seen this angle in some form and fashion before, and all this is, is a giant repeat.

I agree that the Nexus angle is getting stale, but I believe things will pick up after SS when Cena turns. That will be great TV, and Nexus will once again be the best faction in wrestling. Also it will be fun to see Cena's heat with his 5 year old fans.
I can understand your point, it's just a "to each his own" matter...I'm pretty stoked about all of it, but I agree that it's a repeat of stable stories. I do like the fact that they're "Legally in control" I think that it's pretty interesting and original (at least I think it hasn't been done before).

I enjoy Nexus every time they're out (big fan) but they do need some kind of shot in the arm...Cena turning heel is that injection, but damn I don't know if Vince has the balls anymore.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really don't know what the future holds for both groups. Fortune is the only actual group IMO because the other guys as a team are still really new and honestly really random. Bischoff, Hogan, Jarrett, Hardy, and Abyss? Very random. I honestly don't see either of them being faces because I think they both fit the heel role better. That's why when Flair came out there I knew he was going to join Hogan.

So we'll see...I'm actually still enjoying the Nexus more but time will tell on both.