• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fortnite?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm probably the last person on the planet to get into this but I started playing a few weeks ago on the Switch when I started spending more time at home.
I love this game! Probably the most perfect game ever made(In the opinion of a non-gamer). Quick to learn, hard to master, play on same level as others, random, fast games, user can be aggressive or passive.
I'm not that great at Fortnite but I find I get a little better every time I play.

dDave

V.I.P.
I haven’t played fortnite. It’s hugely popular, obviously. Just never seemed that interesting to me. I tend to avoid games that EVERYONE is playing. I like to walk down the unconventional path. lol.

Kind of looks like a Team Fortress 2 and League of Legends mashup. Maybe throw some light Overwatch in there. My characterization maybe dead wrong but that’s the impression I get of the game just by looking at it.

What would you say the game is most similar to?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I haven’t played fortnite. It’s hugely popular, obviously. Just never seemed that interesting to me. I tend to avoid games that EVERYONE is playing. I like to walk down the unconventional path. lol.

Kind of looks like a Team Fortress 2 and League of Legends mashup. Maybe throw some light Overwatch in there. My characterization maybe dead wrong but that’s the impression I get of the game just by looking at it.

What would you say the game is most similar to?
lol. I have no freakn clue. You and 99 other ppl drop on an island and you run around collection guns while killing everyone else. I play this, mario cart and pacman256. That's the extent of my gaming.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have never played. I'm not a huge fan of the battle royale genre and this one seemed like the least interesting of the bunch. It is incredibly popular, though. Gotta give Epic a hand for coming in and completely stealing all of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' thunder with this.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
It's free to play so there's my main reason. Any other free to play similar?

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's free to play so there's my main reason. Any other free to play similar?
I think Team Fortress 2 (already mentioned above by @dDave) may have a freemium model now. I haven't played it in years but it’s pretty awesome. A similar game to Fortnite but I definitely prefer it. It’s also a first person game, which I prefer to the third person view of Fortnite.

dDave

V.I.P.

I think Team Fortress 2 (already mentioned above by @dDave) may have a freemium model now. I haven't played it in years but it’s pretty awesome. A similar game to Fortnite but I definitely prefer it. It’s also a first person game, which I prefer to the third person view of Fortnite.
Team Fortress 2 has been free for nearly a decade. I'm not even sure how/if they make money on that game at all. I don't recall seeing any in-game items, characters, or upgrades you could purchase with real money. That's not to say the people that have been playing longer don't have an obvious advantage, you unlock better gear as you play. It's been a few years for me though.

Oneblood27898

fortnite in 2020 of August it is fun but is dieing. so clap clap for them. I only play to talk to my friends they want me to play so i do. my epic is TrickMaster555.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Oneblood27898 Video Games 0
Nevyrmoore Video Games 2