• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fortnite; Minecraft inspired game

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Epic Games has released a trailer for their most recent project, and it appears to be inspired by Minecraft, Team Fortress 2 and Fort Zombie. In fact, Minecraft definitely inspired it, as the lead designer tweeted "Minecraft was an inspiration for sure".

VGA 2011: Fortnite Exclusive Debut Teaser - YouTube

No actual release date yet, or a list of systems, but here's what info we do have (thanks to Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

Rock said:
As might be expected given the Minecraft influence, construction will be free-form. While the trailer shows repair-work and the addition of extra defenses rather than ground-up creation, Perry assures that players will not always be working with ‘existing structures’. He goes on to say that anything that can be constructed can be destroyed, clearly having never taken a diamond-tipped drill to the impenetrable shell that houses my collection of mint condition boxed Infocom titles.

Apart from building, which seems to take place during the day, Perry was asked about the chance of “weapon crafting/traps, lvl system, underground exploration, Boss fights, team survival mode, rare loot?” The chance is apparently “high”. Despite the fact that progress has been rapid to date, the game is still a long way from completion, as evidenced by the lack of a release date or even info on which platforms it’s being designed for. We are promised, by Cliff, that there will be “no dudebros” in the game, which is vitally important.
Consider me interested. How about you lot, does this look like something you want to check out?

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think it would be cool if there was a more fleshed out version of Minecraft. Something that was a true "Zombie Survival" where you scavenge by day, survive by night. Sandbox world with odd quests from random NPC Survivors that makes you decide on Time Management versus Rare Item Collection. Heck it would be sick if they would mix some elements of the Sims in there to, make it to where you have to find time to eat & sleep (none of the other BS though) or you'd go Mad and start hallucinating or something :hah:. And have the Sims style "endlessness" where you play throughout the life of your character.

I realize there are only so many mechanics you can fit in a game. But still, a guy could dream right.

While the TF inspiration doesnt do much for me, the idea is still cool. Maybe depending on the Console / Cost I could give this one a shot for the heck of it. Would be a nice twist from the usual "Oh Noes theres Zombies, Kill them and Run to the next Level that has endless waves"

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'll wait until I see gameplay footage to pass judgement on this title, which may not be until E3. I don't see it coming out until late next year at the earliest. I do like the teaser, though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Oneblood27898 Video Games 0
MenInTights Video Games 7
generalblue Video Games 7
toocool Video Games 0
Nevyrmoore Bathroom Wall 4