Forsberg returns to the ice

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
AP) - The Philadelphia Flyers may have star centre Peter Forsberg back much earlier than anticipated.

Forsberg, who had reconstructive surgery on his right ankle in the off-season, skated at an informal workout Tuesday at the Flyers' practice rink in Voorhees, N.J.

"It's hard to tell exactly how it feels the first time skating, but it's definitely fun to be out there much earlier than I thought or expected," he said. "It feels great to be back on the ice."

Forsberg had not skated since the Flyers were eliminated in the first round of playoffs in April by the Buffalo Sabres. He took part in drills and a 40-minute scrimmage.

After the surgery, he was not expected to return until late November or December. Now, he may be ready to start training camp on Sept. 15.

"It's hard to say, but I think so, even if it was just a scrimmage and an easy skate," he said. "It's 10 more days and even if I'm not ready at the beginning of camp, hopefully I'll feel well enough to play at the beginning of the season."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20060905_174559_5436

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
The Flyers seem to have a knack for having centers that always get themselves hurt. I wouldn't count on Foresberg having a complete season, as with Lindros.

Kaz

F

Forbidden

I hate Forsberg, he's such a diver. He has skill for the game, but the way he plays isn't the way I like people to. Plus there's the fact that I hate the Flyers also, they are our rivals.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
He's not a good one to bank on. He's getting up there, and shelling out for a 30-plus center whose obviously past his prime is a bad bet.

If their series with the Sabres is any indication, the Flyers need more than just Forsberg to win the Cup.

Kaz

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What are you guys talking about, I would love to have Forsberg on my team, the guy if healthy is one of the best players in the league, yes he gets injured a lot, but so did Bobby Orr, and he was one of the best. I honestly think that he's going to be ready for the start of the season.

F

Forbidden

I didn't say I wouldn't like him on my team for skill reasons, I just don't like how much of a panzee he is.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry Turbo but I don't agree with you, because he's not the one who said that it was going to take that long to recover. Honestly, I think if he stays healthy, he's going to have a great season with the Flyers. He's going to be a dangerous threat.