Movies Forrest Gump

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know we had a thread about Tom Hanks but I want to know what you guys though about Forrest Gump? Personally I liked it more the second time that I watched it the first time I hated it, then one of my friend wanted to watch it so I watch it with him and I liked it. Tom Hanks did a very good job.

A

Angel03

It is a good movie. It's one that you could watch and over and really have a hard time getting bored of it. It has so much going on with Forest and his life from childhood to adult. What he gains and what he lost. It's got romance, drama, action, comedy, what more could one ask for? It's definitely a memorable movie.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah he's been threw a lot and they explain a lot , and also I agree there's the four major categories of movies, Drama, Action Romance and comedy, even though a lot of place where they trying to be funny they fail. but I love the part where he plays Ping Pong.

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Firstly its extremely funny in a really dry sense. Secondly the action is great and the drama is even better. It's so well rounded and enjoyable.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah like I said it's a movie that has everything you can ask for. And it has one of the most famous line in a movie of all time, and you all know what that is Life is like a box of chocolate, you'll never know what you'll get.

A

A.M. Radio

See, I have a problem with this movie. Something has never sit right with me. Then I found a statement on Wiki from my favorite director, Lloyd Kaufman.

Gump's successes result from doing what he is told by others, and never showing any initiative of his own, in contrast to Jenny's more forthright and independent character who is shown descending into drugs, prostitution, and death.
Gump never questions anything, and is praised. Becomes rich and successful.

It's actually kinda disturbing.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just seen it yesterday, and I was really impress by it again, there's a lot of good scenes where your like wow well said. I think it's one of Tom Hanks best performance.