• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Formula 1 Season - 2011

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
The season start has been delayed for obvious and reasons which are totally correct so it means that the season will start a little later than previously anticipated. For those of you who have not seen the updated calender or not seen the season calender at all here it is for 2011:

Australian Grand Prix Sunday 27 March: Race - 0700

Malaysian Grand Prix Sunday 10 April: Race - 0900

Chinese Grand Prix Sunday 17 April: Race - 0800

Turkish Grand Prix Sunday 8 May: Race - 1300

Spanish Grand Prix Sunday 22 May: Race - 1300

Monaco Grand Prix Sunday 29 May: Race - 1300

Canadian Grand Prix Sunday 12 June: Race - 1800

European Grand Prix Sunday 26 June: Race - 1300

British Grand Prix Sunday 10 July: Race - 1300

German Grand Prix Sunday 24 July: Race - 1300

Hungarian Grand Prix Sunday 31 July: Race - 1300

Belgian Grand Prix Sunday 28 August: Race - 1300

Italian Grand Prix Sunday 11 September: Race - 1300

Singapore Grand Prix Sunday 25 September: Race - 1300

Japanese Grand Prix Sunday 9 October: Race - 0600

Korean Grand Prix Sunday 16 October: Race - 0600

Greater Noida, 28-30 October
Schedule not yet available - time difference +5 hrs 30 mins to UK
More on the Indian GP from formula1.com

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Sunday 13 November: Race - 1300

Brazilian Grand Prix Sunday 27 November: Race - 1600

The times and dates are all subject to change and these times are taken from the BBC sport website at the time of posting.

So who is your pick for this year? Will the brits take another world championship? Will this by Webbers year to win the big one? Will Vetal make it two in a row or will Alonso prove why he is the Ferrari number 1?

I personally would really like to see Webber do it this year, I felt so bad for him last year and hope that things will work out for him.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Can you maybe confirm what timezone these times are in? I really want to follow the F1 season again this year, after missing most of it in 2010.

I am a die hard Alonso fan and have been since before he got his first podium position. I will always stand behind him. I will be checking Webber out as well though. He has a lot of the potential I saw in Alonso all those years ago. Should be a good year.

Please confirm those times for me so I can work it out.

Thanks for the thread.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Can you maybe confirm what timezone these times are in? I really want to follow the F1 season again this year, after missing most of it in 2010.

I am a die hard Alonso fan and have been since before he got his first podium position. I will always stand behind him. I will be checking Webber out as well though. He has a lot of the potential I saw in Alonso all those years ago. Should be a good year.

Please confirm those times for me so I can work it out.

Thanks for the thread.
Ahh sorry about that CuriousGirl, I had forgotten I do not have a flag (I should really sort that out). The timings are all in GMT times.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
They are in GMT.

I'm also looking forward to the new season. Obviously I'll be supporting the Brits Button and Hamilton.

Should be another really tightly contested World Championship, nobody seems to be dominating which always makes things more interesting.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Well its been quite a wait but finally the time is nearly here for the new season to start :D McLaren leaving things slightly to the last minute have said that changes have been made that could improve thier times by a second which in F1 terms is obviously a big deal. Will you be watching it when it goes out on tv? Are any of our Australian or any other members going to watch it live?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Morning all,

Anyone up early in the case of the UK and VERY early if you are in the US watching it live?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The Grand Prix happening in Melbourne right now is so annoying! I was in the middle of the city and I could still here it. You can hear it from EVERYWHERE.

It's sort of cool at the same time though, how loud it is. A lot of people leave for that weekend, the sound drives them crazy.

masey

Registered Member
I love F1, and think the "turbo boost " and wing mods make an exciting addition.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Haha it is an exciting sound. The Melbourne course is so close to the city though, my sister actually lives about a 15 minute walk from it. Most people in her building leave for the weekend just so they can get some peace.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I haven't been able to watch any of the races so far. Work and all that jazz. :(

I'm supporting Webber again this year. I'm kind of PO'd Vettel has had two wins, but he isn't acting like a brat thus far, so I'm OK with it. I still don't like it, though.