Forming you own band.

Discussion in 'Music' started by snowflake, Jan 3, 2009.

1. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

If you was to form your own band, What would you call it and why ?

I'd call mine : Sunshiners.

And the reason why is... Everyone loves the sun. When people wake up in the morning and see the suns shining it sometimes changes there mood :)

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

If I were to form a band, it would be called 'So There I Was...' It's an inside joke amongst my friends and I, but I think it would still make a decent band name.

Also, I have decided that if I were to form a band, I would title the first album 'The Applaudable Aim of Rocking.'

3. Greywolf

Greywolf Registered Member

If I were to make a rock band... It would have to be named
    "Silverwolf" due to my love for wolves, and the fact that Golden wolf sounds weird. It would be a furry rock band...
    My first album would be named "Don't Cry"

4. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I wish it was dark all the time. I hate the sun.

..but anyways

I don't know.. "The Devil's Rejects" I guess. I've always made that my band name for Rock Band and Guitar Hero games. Damn good movie.

5. ACometAppears

ACometAppears Registered Member

Madonna Jackson Pac.

When asked why Tokyo Police Club named their band what they did (they're Canadians, not Japanese), they said that it was because a study determined the most common words that appear in successful band names, and the two choices were "Tokyo Police Club" or "Madonna Jackson Pac". I don't know if the story is true or not, but it would be interesting to see what the other top names would be.

6. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Rock Band - The M.I.C. (Military Industrial Complex)

7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Ski at a Tree

Mom's Cherry

Hidden Vagenda

The Green Lighters

Foggy Duck

Cereal

Hex Head

Skin Museum

Sickbag

Pea

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Haha. What type of repertoire will your band have?

I'll probably play pop/alternative rock and call my band something common like....Dudes. :hah:

ETA: darn, some band is already called that. Dudettes then (but it sounds so girly, :hmm:)

9. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

the band i'm in at the moment is called 'Edison' because it's short, memorable and we're all pretty nerdy so it represents us kinda well :p

10. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Ripfuck, and it would be the hardest heavy metal/rock band in the world, with myself screaming and slurring the words.

Our first album would also be the title of one of the songs - You Don't Get To Touch Me! and would portray all the rage that defines me.

Either that or BananaHammock, a mellow feel-good band, akin to the Dandy Warhols, for example. :)