• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Former WWF Female Wrestler Dead.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I had always heard that Luna was unstable (as I recall, that's why she got endeavored), but it kills me inside to think that she may have been suicidal and didn't get help. I was a big fan and Luna Vachon was just my age at her death. Very, very sad.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
As JR mentioned in his blog, it wasn't too long ago that she was coming to terms with her diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder. Too often mental health goes unchecked (probably especially in the wrestling industry) and self-medication occurs through alcohol and drug use.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of wrestlers wrote on Twitter that they're saddened by the news, and most of them said that she was a tough cookie, which I can believe. I was never a huge fan of Luna by any stretch, but she did a damn good job.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I doubt that Luna committed suicide because the reports are saying that there was no foul play involved. Of course she could of overdosed on pills on purpose to kill herself. I can't imagine her doing that. We will find out when the autopsy report come out.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
No foul play means that it wasn't a homicide.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Wow, that is very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I doubt that Luna committed suicide because the reports are saying that there was no foul play involved. Of course she could of overdosed on pills on purpose to kill herself. I can't imagine her doing that. We will find out when the autopsy report come out.
Yep, Steve's right. Foul Play just means that it wasn't homicide. Suicide doesn't fall into the same category. I think it may have been suicide because she was having trouble making ends meet, her house burnt down and she's having all these problems. And like someone else already mentioned she was also dealing with Bipolar Disorder too. It's not hard to see why she'd be suicidal. Sometimes people are just overwhelmed by personal problems.

This is just my theory though, no one can really say anything until the autopsy results come back.

Anthony1975

Registered Member
This from Wrestling Radio.com

TMZ acquired the police report from the Pasco County Sheriff's Office filed in regard to former World Wrestling Entertainment performer Gertrude "Luna" Vachon's death on Friday. The following was noted:

* Vachon was actually found dead in her own home, not her mother's home. Investigators say they discovered a box containing crushed Oxycodone pills near a snorting straw inside the kitchen.

* "Multiple prescription bottles and miscellaneous unsecured pills" were discovered in the master bedroom alongside a small plate containing more pill residue and another snorting straw.

* Vachon's mother — the person who discovered the body — told police that her daughter "often appeared 'medicated' as she suffered from several wrestling injuries."

* An autopsy has been completed and the official cause of death is expected to be determined within the next few weeks.
Make of that what you will but it certainly points in the direction of suicide from where I am sat.