Former WWE Star Andrew "Test" Martin found dead

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
PWInsider.com is sad to report that former WWE star Andrew "Test" Martin was found dead in his apartment in Tampa, Florida at the age of 33, just four days shy of his 34th birthday. We don't have much in the way of details at this time. Tampa area authorities have declined to officially confirm it is Martin they found but word within the industry has been widespread the last few hours.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
More on this story:
THE wrestling world is in mourning following the death of Andrew Martin at the age of just 33.

Best known as Test in the WWE, Martin won the federation’s intercontinental, European, hardcore and tag titles.
In his peak in the late 90s, he was regularly involved in storylines with The Rock, Triple H and the McMahon family.
Police in Tampa, Florida, were called to his home at 8pm on Friday night after his neighbour reported she could see a man lying motionless inside.
The officers forced entry and found Martin dead.
His body was transported to the local Medical Examiners Office for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
Martin's last stint in the WWE lasted from 2006-2007 but he left under a cloud after falling foul of the company’s strict Wellness Policy.
Questions over steroid abuse also stopped rival wrestling company TNA giving him a full-time job shortly afterwards.
In April 2008, Martin made local news headlines when he was arrested on a drink-driving charge in Florida. His police mugshot showed a man very different to in his wrestling prime.
Martin announced his retirement from the grappling business in December 2007 – although he was supposed to be going on a farewell tour of Ireland this March.
It is thought he wanted to return to college and become a personal trainer, leaving his dark days behind him.
The star – who had dated WWE Divas Stacy Keibler and Kelly Kelly – recently wrote on his MySpace page: “They say nobody retires from wrestling.
“I can't tell you how much I hate to see guys keep working long after they should be dead or permanently disabled.
“You have to come to terms when you ask yourself what is your health worth? To me? You can't put a price on it!

“So what are you wrestling for? One man's greed so he might throw you a bone?
“I loved wrestling, it was good to me. I'm still young, I'm in the shape of my life I've got some money tucked away.
“I never got into wrestling to be rich and famous.”
There are no further details as yet on the cause of death or funeral arrangements.
Martin was just a few days away from celebrating his 34th birthday.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, this is just shocking news. I dont know what to say right now because I am pretty speechless. MY condolences go out to his family and friends. I wonder if the WWE are going to pay a tribute to him before Monday Night Raw.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Martin was on record talking about how steroids weren't a bad thing and people should take them and all this crap and it's caught up with him. Maybe it was more then that, maybe it was drugs too.

This shit pisses me off and makes me sad to be a fan of wrestling. RIP.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
R.I.P. Andrew Martin...thanks for the entertainment and hard work.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Test had so much potential, he had the size the strenght, and he wasn't all that bad in the ring, he could of done so many great things, if he took it more seriously. Personally I don't think he gave an effort like he should of given and that's where it hurt him the most.

None the less he will be missed.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
Test had so much potential, he had the size the strenght, and he wasn't all that bad in the ring, he could of done so many great things, if he took it more seriously. Personally I don't think he gave an effort like he should of given and that's where it hurt him the most.

None the less he will be missed.
I'm with you 100% man. Unless I'm forgetting someone, Test was my favourite Big man in wrestling. But I do think it was steroids that got him.

RIP.:(

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Test wasn't dedicated to wrestling I dont think. He was brought in after only 8 months of training and didnt have hardly any wrestling background. He was always a hot head and made a ton of crappy personal decisions that, apparently, caught up with him.

I dont think it's in my best interests to shit on Martin right now so I'll wait but this is probably all his fault. It's just sad.

Ryuk

Registered Member
Well what can one say at this point? It's the same as when Paul E Normous died the morning The Wrestler debued nationwide, too many of these kids are dropping their bodies too young and Test is no exception. I think what kinda taints it a little more is that he was a known steroid user, yet at the same time it just hammers home the point that too many of these guys are ready and willing to abuse "enhancers" to get ahead in the game.

RIP Andrew Martin